F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - Blue screens, rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - Blue screens, rebooting

Memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (Ripjaws 8GB [2x4GB])
    CPU: Athlon II X2 250
    Motherboard: Biostar A880G+

Ever since I installed this memory on November 27th, I have been getting blue screens and reboots (without the blue screen), usually when I start playing a game like Planetside 2.

I have tried the timing listen on the card, 9-9-9-24, but the reboots still happen without the blue screen. In addition, I tested the memory with several passes of Memtest86+, but no errors were found.

I also read the guide in the "AMD CPU + G.Skill DDR3-1600" thread. That seemed to have worked, as I was able to play Planetside 2 for several hours and the computer did not reboot or blue screen. However, this morning, the computer rebooted once again under the same settings.

I would really appreciate some help, as I have no idea if its the RAM timings or something else.

First thought would be to add a little more voltage to the CPU/NB (that tends to vary more), if still problems posts your BIOS settings and we'll take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I would agree with Tradesman if you haven't already given your CPU/NB +0.05V or +0.10V I would say give it +0.05V and see if it stabilise the system. If you have, let us know what your CPU/NB voltage is currently at
      AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
      Noctua NH-U9B SE2
      Asus M4A89GTD Pro USB3
      G. Skill Ares 16GB F3-1866C10D-16GAB @1600 9-9-9-24
      Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD
      XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition
      Corsair HX850
      Antec 900
      Winidows 7 -64bit

Comment

Thank you for the response.

My BIOS setting are as follows:

CPU Frequency: 20
        CPU Vcore: +0.10
        CPU/NB Voltage: +0.150
        Ram Timings: 9-9-9-24-2T (like it says on the RAM label)

What's weird is that certain changes I make will work for one day, but then start crashing again the next. I tried a slightly different configuration on Wednesday (CPU Freq: 230, Vcore: +0.150) which worked for that session, but crashed the next day. The same happened last night when I lowered the CPU frequency and Vcore: it worked all last evening, but crashed this morning with a blue screen that read "SERVICE_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION" or something.

Comment

Might raise DRAM voltage a bit + 0.06 may be a bit of fluctuation from mobo or PSU....couls also try running Memtest on each stick (4-5 passes) to see if maybe you have a bad stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The computer ran well for the entire day until around 5:30PM local time It blue screened twice in a row. After this, I put Memtest86+ in to test the memory, and in less than a minute, the programmed return a long list of errors and returned an 'unexpected result'.

I took out the two sticks, put in my old RAM, and tried Memtest86+ once again. This time, the computer began to rattle, as if something was wrong with the CPU fan. After this, I tested it again with a stick of the new RAM: Memtest86+ stopped and a long tone came out of the computer.

I can only assume something is wrong with the motherboard or CPU, but at this point I don't know which one it is.

Comment

Might see if any friends or coworkers have a system with the same socket to test with, other alternative is to take it to a shop to check.....or.....might pull CPU and check for bent/broken pins. That's often a problem that's fairly easily fixed if it's just bent pins. I use a couple of razor blades to straighten them.

Tman

Comment

I opened the PC and cleaned as thoroughly as I could, just to make sure it wasn't something small causing the errors. This seemed to work, as everything went back to 'normal' afterwards, though I'm still having problems with BSODs.

I let Memtest86+ do 4 passes over night: no errors.

Could it be a problem with the motherboard? I really have no idea what could be the problem now. I'm confused because it tends to happen most when I'm playing games.
                Last edited by NWC; 12-02-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

If Memtest ran OK, then sounds more like the CPU or mobo - maybe PSU or a driver conflict....if it continues might look at my info thread, Bench It, here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Tman

Comment

Keep us posted
                    AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
                    Noctua NH-U9B SE2
                    Asus M4A89GTD Pro USB3
                    G. Skill Ares 16GB F3-1866C10D-16GAB @1600 9-9-9-24
                    Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD
                    XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition
                    Corsair HX850
                    Antec 900
                    Winidows 7 -64bit