Asus P7P55D-E PRO & G.Skill Memory Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P7P55D-E PRO & G.Skill Memory Questions

Overclocking newbie here...no experience with it. Tried searching threads in INTEL MB Bios Configurations about this, but the browsers I use throw an error on the page and the search won't come up.

I'm currently running an Asus P7P55D-E PRO MB with Intel i& 2.8ghz CPU & g.Skill f3-16000CL9D-4GBTD memory at default speed. The computer has been excellent for the past 18 months...no issues. I wanted to add memory, but it's not cheap nor easy to find PC3-16000 memory. I found a great black friday deal on g.Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBBSR memory to add to what I already have. Any way to overclock the new memory to 16000 to run ok with the already installed 16000 memory & if so how would I do it & what settings would I make?

Thanks to anyone who might help.

Anytime you mix sets of DRAM, even if the exact model, it can be problematic, it's always best to get a single complete set of the amount of DRAM you want to run. That being said, if you were to try the sets you mention, you will prob need to drop and run at 1866, a better choice might be a 2x4GB set of 2133/CL9, I'd look at something like the Snipers F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR or Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Unfotunately when I originally bought the 2000 set of memory, I couldn't afford more than the 4GB due to being laid off from my job. Now they're not available anymore and in fact, I didn't see that G.Skill made any 2000's anymore. I've already bought the 1866 sticks on a black friday sale for 50% off from NewEgg. They're installed & running just fine right next to the 2000's, but just didn't know if there was a way to match their speeds, or if it was even worth messing with for the different I may or may not see. Don't know a lot about overclocking CPU's or memory.

Comment

Can run CPU-Z to find what freq they are running at (check the memory tab) to find the freq and take that times two since this is DDR (DOUBLE Data Rate). If you have done anything with them you are prob at the mobo default, either 1333 (shows as 667) or maybe 1600 (shows as 800 in CPU-Z). If at one of these, I'd try going to 1866 first. If problems post what the timings are in the BIOS (base and secondary/advanced) along with freq and system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Would that be under DRAM frequency in CPU-Z? If so, it's reading at around 660 & fluctuating a bit. How would I get my memory faster to the 1866 or 2000 that I have in my system? I have never done this before. I appreciate your help so far.

Comment

Make sure the timings are set to spec and raise the freq maybe to 1866 to start, might raise DRAM voltage up + 0.05 and raise MC (Memory Controller) voltage up 0.07 or so. Try that and if further problems Post up your BIOS settings

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X