Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Rampage IV Formula + 3930k +F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH

Hi,

I have an Asus Rampage IV Formula w/Intel 3930k and a Ripjaws Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH

When I first got the kit some months ago, I used to be able to run at the XMP profile (either) at 2133 without issue

Then some months later, I started to have stability issues (Prime 95 / Intel Burn Test) and I dropped down to the SPD settings (1600mhz) and it was stable.

Only thing that changed along the way was the BIOS ver

Last week I updated to the latest BIOS for my board, 3101, and now I'm having difficulties staying stable, even at 1600. I'm now running at 1333-9-9-9-24-107-1T and its completely stable

I've tried removing my overclock (all on Auto), no change (although it seems better at 1600) and even pushing the voltages to no avail, I can't get it stable.

My current settings at 1333-9-9-9-24-107-1T, my settings are below: (with OC)
    CPU Ratio: 4.6
    CPU Vcore Offset -0.020
    VTT 1.1
    VCCSA 0.950
    DRAM Voltage 1.65
    CPU PLL 1.82500

Not including my other settings like Optimized on the Phases, LLC High, etc

So if I choose the 2133 profile, I get 2133-9-11-10-28-183-2T
    I bump the VCCSA to 1.1 (tried all the way to 1.2)

no go, setting to 2133 on all auto, still doesn't work, change to 1866 and auto, still not stable

I'm not sure why its having such a hard time with this RAM

One really weird thing I've noticed, is what the Asus SPD information reports in the BIOS, doesn't match the SPD settings CPUZ detects. (it reports both 2133 profiles should be 2t, while CPU-z reports one should be 1T for example)

Should be 2T, but if it was stable before, think they may have screwed it up. I'd fall back to the previous version

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have a friend with nearly identical system, same mb, same bios, same cpu etc

We run the same settings, yet he is perfectly stable, while I am unstable at 2133

The only difference is he uses a Mushkin Enhanced Redline Frostbyte kit

I believe this to either be bad ram or a weird timing that needs to be adjusted. As mentioned, I can get it stable at 1333 at this point, but that's it.

looking for ideas

Comment

Try testing each stick individually with Memtest (takes a long time, so 4-5 passes should suffice), see if you have a bad stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

at 2133 you mean?

It's quad channel so its tricky to test

Suggestions for timings?

2133 profile? 2133-9-11-10-28-183-2T
          VCCSA @ 1.1
          DRAM 1.65v

Comment

That or could even tighten the tRFC to 173 or so, and VTT to 1.15

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X