• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe & G.Skill Ripjaws-X 4x4 GB Kit, F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH

Hey Guys

I would like to know if this setup should work:
    - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    - [ RipjawsX ] F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH

I just bought the board and a i7 3770k cpu but I cant seem to be able to start it (no peripherals attached whatsoever. I always get a bluescreen halfway through booting....

Is this board & ram combination not working? Or what kind of adjustments do I have to make in the bios in order to get it running (Im not a die hard pro in bios tweaking so bear with me )? The weird thing is that the led indicator for a malfunctioning ram on the board is not on, so it should all be ok..?

Thanks for any help

The DRAM is compatible, try booting into BIOS and make sure you have the latest version (even drop to one or two sticks if need be. When you have the latest go into BIOS enable XMP, select profile 1 then let it try to go into Windows....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Thanks for the tip. Good to know that they are compatible. Unfortunately it didnt work, Ill have to look elsewhere

Comment

What did it do or not do? If it won't boot with 1 or 2 sticks, then it's prob the mobo or CPU (maybe PSU) or something isn't hooked up right

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well there was no difference: after the boot logo appeared a 1ms bluescreen occured (something about a harddisk failure) and it reseted... Tried with 4 and with only 1 stick. I checked for all the cables read trough the whole damn manual heck I even booted with a test tool to check for harddisk errors and still cant find the bug. Reinstalled the old mobo & cpu and it works just fine. Cant be anything with the old hardware so I guess the mobo is not working as it should. lets see what the hardware store guy tells me tomorrow

Comment

If it said hard drive failure could try it w/o the drive, but would lean towards mobo or CPU

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X