RAM problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM problem

A few days ago I started having problems with my pc, sometimes crashes, blue screen, restart ...
    I thought about doing a memtest.
    RAM are G.Skill 2x2GB DDRIII dual channel PC1600 CL9 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ).
    These are the results:
    both RAM
    first channel
    second channel
    What should I do?
    Thanks

What board and CPU do you have? Do you have the RAM set up as, Timing 9-9-9-24, Voltage1.5V?

EDIT, I see your timings are correct but you are running at 1333MHz instead of 1600. Also run each DIMM in each slot for at least 7 passes in memtest.
    Last edited by Britton30; 11-17-2012, 06:23 AM.
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Like Britton30 says, would help to know mobo and CPU, especially if AMD, many can't handle 1600 or above. Normally suggest at least a 965 C for 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This pc have 3 years, from a few days began to give me problems.
        I have an i5 750 (1156 INTEL Core i5-750 2,66GHz), the mobo is a Gigabyte i don't remember the model, a GA-P55-something...

Comment

Can try running each stick under Memtest by itself to see if a stick is bad,,,,if the sticks test OK I'd look to try a different PSU, i.e. borrow one and see if same problems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Can try running each stick under Memtest by itself to see if a stick is bad,,,,if the sticks test OK I'd look to try a different PSU, i.e. borrow one and see if same problems
            I've tried to test each stick under Memtest (first post):
            First stick
            second
            I think the PSU is ok because it is a good PSU, is a Corsair 550VXEU.
            If the problem was the PSU, the second stick would give memtest errors like the first stick.

Comment

Yep, sounds like a sticks gone bad, can contact GSkill for a RMA, contact GSkill at rma@gskill.com and be sure to let them know you are in Italy, as they now have an rma operation there, otherwise you'll end up shipping to China for exchange

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Yep, sounds like a sticks gone bad, can contact GSkill for a RMA, contact GSkill at rma@gskill.com and be sure to let them know you are in Italy, as they now have an rma operation there, otherwise you'll end up shipping to China for exchange
                Why, how many years of warranty have the RAM?

Comment

Lifetime

Tman

Comment

Oh nice! Thanks for everything!

Comment

No problem, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X