F3-1866C10D-16GSR Not booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1866C10D-16GSR Not booting

Ok so I have a Asus Sabertooth 990 motherboard with an AMD processor on a Win 7 64 bit machine and I already have 4 sticks of G.Skill memory 4Gbs each for 16 total working. So I wanted to install (replace) 4 new sticks of 8Gbs each and I get nothing. I went over the install guide for the motherboard and it wasn't very helpful or in depth. My new sticks are F3-1866C10D-16GSR.

First has anyone been able to use these on this motherboard? This is my first built PC, so I'm not really sure why these wont work, it's the same manufacturer.

How can I troubleshoot this?

First thing is what CPU are you running. I haven't seen a AMD CPU yet than can run 32GB of 1866. The 8350 might be able to, but even it's only rated to 1866 at 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL. I'd try starting with one or two sticks and then make sure you have the latest BIOS. Then try the 1-2 sticks at 1866

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor

Comment

Don't think it's going to make it, might start w/ 1 or 2 sticks and try getting them stable at 1333 then adding the other 2....think that's your best bet, AMD basically has weak MCs (memory controllers) as mentioned above the 8350 is 'rated' up to 2 sticks of 1866 which is half of what you have, and the 1100 has a weaker MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just found a similar model of RAM that is compatible with my motherboard and it looks like it is compatible with the processor.

F3-1866C10Q-32GSR
          DDR3-1866 PC3 14900 32GB(8GB x 4) CL 10-11-10-30-2N 1.5V XMP Ready for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors Compatible with AMD AM3/FM1 APU platforms

Comment

http://support.amd.com/PublishingIma...mory-table.png

I found the table of speeds. I see what you are saying.

Comment

That's a good chart and looks rather accurate from what I've run into, as far as the QVLs, have an info post I wrote you might find interesting here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X