Diff between Ares 16GAO and 16GAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff between Ares 16GAO and 16GAB

I am still looking over which memory to use with either Intel BOXDZ77GA70K or Intel BOXDZ77BH55K motherboard running Linux with the Intel i7-3770 cpu.

Looking at NewEgg the specs for these Ares sets:
    F3-1600C9Q-16GAO and the F3-1600C9Q-16GAB

Look the same, the 16GAO is orangish, the 16GAB is blueish, but other than that what are the differences? Especially pertinent to my system? At NewEgg they are the same price as well. Surely the color is not the only difference, is it?

Thanks much!

Keith Ostertag

Believe so, people are more and more looking to color coordinate to their mobos, coolers, etc...quite often see things like people going to say Ripjaws Z (which was primarily designed for X79/socket 2011) opposed to say the Ripjaws X for 1155 builds (which the Ripjaws X was designed towards the 1155) to get a particular color of heat sinks to match the mobo of choice, like Ripjaws Z in a red color to go with say a Fatal1ty or Maximus mobo (both red/black based) when the comparable X model is available in blue. Normally if their is a difference among the same basic model like Ripjaws X or Z at say a particular freq, they may end with a L, M, H for Low, Med, High to better indicate a performance level. Have an info thread they talks a bit about model number breakdown here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10564

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, thanks once again Tradesman.

I guess I don't relate to choosing memory based on its color, but to each their own.

Comment

Agree, but will have to say, when a client wants a build and I put together a list of proposals, I even look at things and with equal sets might suggest a matching color one as the lead suggestion (I've heard a few that seem to almost lose it if I suggest a set of red or orange heat sinked sticks on a blue/black mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X