Which RAM with my board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which RAM with my board

Hello am new here so please bear with me as I also do not fully understand latency and timings etc .

Am building at the moment and using an Asus P8Z77-V board an i5 3570K which will run Windows 7 and am wanting to put as fast a RAM on as possible. Now having used a fair bit of G Skill memory before I would prefer to keep with G Skill.

However I cannot find many references to which G Skill RAM I should be using and the Asus site lists G Skill RAM I cannot get from my usual supplier. The G Skill RAM at my local supplier has Asus boards listed but not the exact one I have -V LE -V Pro- -V De Luxe etc not just the straight -V

I have tried my usual forums but have had so many recommendations that frankly it is getting more and more confusing.

I would like to run 16GB (8GB at a pinch) 2133MHz and keep the cost down as much as I can well within reason. The machine will be used for general computing some graphics and perhaps the odd simple game.

Any suggestions please?
    ?The difference between genius and stupidity is - genius has its limits"

I'd go with 2x8GB Tridents 2400 F3-2400C10D-16GTX if available, then at the same price are the 2x8GB Trident 2133 F3-2133C9D-16GTX, next choice would be 2x8GB 2133 Ripjaws X F3-2133C9D-16GXH or 2x8GB....not all 3570Ks can run 2400, but if they can't can run thenm at 2133/CL9 which is the same spec as the other two sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman look ate I have been crawling over broken glass (it feels like) trying to find out the RAM I wanted and within minutes of posting - have got it and I can get it at a decent price!!

Comment

Glad to hear it, be sure and let us know what you decide on and how you like 'em when you get 'em

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No probs Tradesman glad my mate put me onto this forum or I would still be treading water the ones I picked out are G.Skill Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX 16GB if the board throttles it back then well haven't lost anything eh?

Thanks again
          John

Comment

Think you'll love 'em, I'm running the 32GB set with my 3570K and not a single hiccup

Tman

Comment

Actually I was planning on getting the extra when I get up to speed first am a bit cramped for budget at the moment or I would have got the four sticks LOL!!

Will let you know how it goes!!

John

Comment

I'll be waiting to hear!

Tman

Comment

Do I get a referral fee for bringing new members?

I think you made a goos choice John (ICIT2)
                  I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Britton30,

Wouldn't that be nice

Tman

Comment

Hum wait till you see how feeble minded I am before saying that B LOL!!

Comment

Hum not much luck Tradesman I am having a hell of a time with the UEFI and frankly it is proving to be a pain in the neck. I am having problems with the OS too insomuch that any Google searches take up to 2 minutes to load any search results and I am fast losing patience with this board to be honest.
                        This has been going on now for nearly a day and a half and I ma having to reinstall 7 right now from what I think is a corrupted CD and the ISO download will not activate using my OEM code.
                        So am not a happy camper at the moment.

Comment

Let us know how the new install goes

Tman

Comment

John, let Tman know exactly what the RAM is doing in the UEFI.
                            I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Thanx B, just finished up a pair of 12+ hr days, playing catchup here in the forums

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X