Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.skill (12800CL9D-8GBXL) Cannot Post - Dual Channel

Hi,

I am trying to get m G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL to boot in dual mode on an P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard, I will not post unless I have 2x 4gb sticks running in single channel, yet I have 4x4GB I want to be able to run, If I fill all the slots up, still refuses to post, red memory LED comes on, I have XMP enabled, I'm sure it's supported, as It says it is on G.skill site, it's just doing my head in, I've been searching around for something similar, but never found anything.

Someone on the Asus forums tried to tell me it's because of different kits, but that wouldn't help regarding one kit doesn't even hit post in dual channel.

Yet, on that note, seen quite a few people on different forums running this RAM with 16GB perfectly.

I am also running the latest BIOS, anyone have any ideas, the sticks are only few months old, don't want them to be a waste now.

Might try each stick of the 'bad' pair in slot 1 and run Memtest on each to see if one of the two are bad. If the same thing is happening with both sets, then it's prob a mobo or CPU prob. Would pull the CPU and make sure no thermal compound or debris on bottom of CPU or in socket, also check closely for bent or broken pins

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

I will check that one I get home, one kit is few months old and never had a single issue til I got this motherboard, which, mind you, is barely 3 weeks old now, and the other kit is like completely brand new, I don't see how it could have bent pins, as I took extra care this time, as that was the problem I needed to buy a new motherboard.

I really do hope that's not the case, again.

But if that was the case, would it work at all rly?

Comment

Yep, depends on the pin(s), I've seen some run pefectly fine with full sticks but Dual channel wouldn't kick in which slowed things a lot, seen others that wouldn't even boot....If it's a broken pin you're sort of SOL, but if it's just a bent pin, I've often had good luck straightening them with a couple of razor blades

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X