G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB with Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB with Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2

I just recieved my G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM, that I purchased from Newegg.com. I am having a problem getting my computer to boot up with the new memory installed. My desktop system is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 (F4 lastest updated bios)
    Intel Core i3, 3.08 ghz
    Windows 7 64bit
    600W power supply

My issue is as follows:

1) The computer shows 16GB @ 1600 (at initial startup screen), it says memory OK.

2) It then goes to the Windows loading page, and freezes at this point.

I have tried to change numerous BIOS settings that I saw on the Gskill forums (voltage settings, XMP, timing, etc) and nothing works. The computer will always freeze at the same Windows loading page everytime. I also tried to load 1 memory stick at a time (to make sure wasn't defective) and got same result. So can you please advise what to do from this point? Is this memory compatiable with my computer?

Thanks for the help,
    Mark

According to the system specs (found here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3509#sp), the mobo only supports up to 8GB total. May want to check with them and see if there's a BIOS update in the works that allows for more. Looks like F4 is the latest.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yep, I see that. I will probaly get a new mobo/cpu, I would like to have 16GB of ram. Thanks for your help.

Comment

No problem, that set of DRAM should be fine with about anything that can run 8GB sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X