Ram for Asus M4A87Td Evo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram for Asus M4A87Td Evo

So I had a computer setup build by a guy a couple years ago and it kept restarting itself until I recently found out one of the sticks of ram was having issues. So I've taken it out, and things are better, except that I have less ram. I don't know much about these things so maybe someone can help. The motherboard is an Asus M4A87TD Evo, with a AMD phenom II X2 555 processor 3.2GHz. I'm running windows 7 64x. The ram being used is F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ (even though I'm short the one stick), but I'd like to have 8GB. What should I do? Should I just purchase the F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ to add 4gb on top of what I do have working? Or should I buy all new ram so it's all compatible?

Could be having troubles from an out of date BIOS, might check that. Also, might try adding a bit of voltage to the DRAM (about + 0.06) or adding about the same to the CPU/NB voltage. While these AMD systems will work with 3 sticks, the BIOS generally isn't optimized to do so correctly. Often the voltage increases will help stabilize. If you want to change DRAM though, I'd suggest a 2x4GB set in 1333. like the Snipers, F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Would those be compatible with everything? I didn't see it on the QVL. And would it be more stable than what I'm using?

Comment

Should be fine with your rig, unless you actually have a bad stick, the ones you have should run OK, might try dropping them to 1333, the 555 CPU may not be strong enough to carry 3 sticks at 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So would it be more beneficial to run only the two sticks of F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR? Or just add F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on top of what I do have working already to add up to 8GB?

Comment

Can try either way, I'd go the 2x4GB (less stress on the MC and any time you mix sets it can be problematic i.e. the two sets may not want to play together)

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X