Need help with f3-1600c9-4gao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with f3-1600c9-4gao

I was hoping to find a solution to a problem with my setup.
    AMD fx8150 black edition
    Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5 bios11b
    Gskill f3-1600c9-4gao 16gb

I keep getting memory related BSOD, ran memtest and get numerous errors immediately . I've tried settings from the sticky related to ddr3 and AMD CPUs but nothing works.

Prob need to raise the CPU/NB for 16GB, may also want to raise DRAM voltage + 0.05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I did raise the nb voltage and set the dram frequency but I still get memory crashes and failures in memtest

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings, the DRAM freq should remain at 1600, CPU/NB voltage prob about 1.25 or so DRAM voltage 1.55 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here the the settings that i've configured currently.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I'd drop NB voltage down to AUTO, and raise CPU NB to to 1.3 from current 1.2875

Tman

Comment

I hope this helps. I do get plenty of errors in memtest, could the modules be faulty?

Comment

To run memtest will want to run one stick at a time, with the spec base timings (it takes awhile, so generally 4-5 passes should let you know if a stick is good or bad)

Tman

Comment

Okay here's a new development. After tweaking the settings as per your suggestion the system booted up and recognized 12gb of the 16gb of ram. I proceeded to restart the computer after full load up and checked bios for any mistakes I made. After exiting bios the system would not boot up at all. I don't even get the initial system bios display. Any suggestions.

Comment

Can go in and reset the CMOS, there's a jumper on the mobo (see manual) or just remove the batery with power unplugged for 15 seconds or so

Tman

Comment

ok i tried CMOS reset and removed battery to do a reset. Still do get a boot up to BIOS or OS. Any suggestions?

Comment

Could try enabling EOCP. Or one stick at a time and try running Memtest on each individually. Could also pull CPU and check for bent/broken pins and/or debris on bottom of CPU or in the socket

Tman

Comment

I checked the CPU and have no bent pins. tried to run memtest one stick at a time but couldn't get a boot up. I installed Corsair Venegence series ram from a friend with same timings and speed and the system boots up with no hiccups and loads into OS. I've tried to Memtest the Gskill ram after completely clearing CMOS and removing the battery and i still get no bootup.

Comment

May be a bad stick and you'll want to RMA, sticks should be fine with your combo, can contact rma@gskill.com, and when doing so let them know you're in the U.K., believe they have a facility in the Netherlands which would be quicker than going through China

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X