Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Compatibility

Hey guys,

New to forums but not new to building PCs but been a while since my last build and I have not really kept a keen eye on the market to see whats raving and whats not.

I am a fan boy of AMD so all my systems prior to this build have been AMD specific and this one will be no different.

My current construction will use the following parts
    • AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8150 8 Core 3.6Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache 125W Retail Boxed Processor (shows as black edition on tin)
    • ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX Socket AM3+ 8 Channel audio ATX Motherboard
    • G.Skill 16GB DDR3 1866MHz RipjawsZ X79 Memory
    • Seagate 2TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive
    • MSI HD 7870 OC 2GB GDDR5 TWIN FROZR DVI Dual Mini DisplayPort HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card (I am only using single monitor so will only be using graphics card)
    • LG BH10LS38 SATA Blu-Ray Optical Drive | Retail
    • Antec 900W High Current Gamer PSU
    • Coolermaster HAF X Case
    • Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Since I have not used G.Skill memory before, will this system have any issue using the 16gb kit and no this system will not be overclocked, it will run as standard

A couple things to think about, with that mobo 1800 and above may require an OC (as indicated by the OC next to the DRAM freqs of 1800 and above), also the you indicate the Ripjaws Z as the 16GB set which is prob the 4x4GB F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL set. might want to think about a 2x8GB set maybe like the Ripjaws X F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL or Snipers F3-1866C10D-16GSR as the FX 8150 is rated for 1866 at 1 stick per channel (2 total) and even then some of the 8150s have had problems the 2 sticks vs 4 would be less stress on the MC (Memory Controller)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X