Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES 16Go + P9x79 = Abnormal

Hi

New RAM : 4 x 4Go - G.Skill ARES F3-1600C9Q-16GAO.

Motherboard : Asus P9x79

PC can't boot.

I've 16Go physical but bios detect 14Go :

In Bios /Asus DRAM SPD Information :

Dim D1 : "Abnormal"

Help me please

May be a bad stick, might be bad slot, try moving the sticks around (i.e. swap the 'abnormal' stick with another and see if it shows as 'abnormal' in a different slot, or if the good stick now shows as abnormal in D1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks,

The DDR3 and motherbord too are 6 months. I never removed after the first intstall

What origin of problem can cause damage (stick or slot )? temperature? bad data configuration? defaut materiel?

Comment

Could just be from a minor defect in mobo, DRAM, CPU that finally failed, could have neen caused by to much heat, could be a power surge. Have you added any additional new hardware or changed hardware, if so may have thrown voltages off. A power outage could have caused the mobo to reset to defaults...could be a lot of things. As I mentioned above, if the stick showing ABNORMAL is in D1, maybe flop it with A1 - then if A1 shows as abnormal, it's prob the stick, if D1 shows as ABNORMAL with the stick that had been in A1, then possible the slots bad or the CPU has a problem, could try increasing the MC (Memory Controller) voltage to ensure it has enough to carry all 4 channels, maybe add + 0.05 (believe the MC voltage is QPI/VTT on your mobo)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X