Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with F3-2400C10D-8GTX + Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

Hello Guys,

I'm having trouble running these TridentX chips with my Gigabyte UD3H mainboard.
    Enabling XMP1 or XMP2 Profile in the bios is not able to boot. I followed the Testing Procedure posted here in the forum. I tried this with either one or both modules.
    The only way to boot was as mentioned in the thread, to lower the DRAM frequency to 2133Mhz. I tried this with the bios version F9, then updated to actual bios version F17 with no better result. Does this really mean my processor is unalbe to overclock these modules to 2400Mhz??

Assembled my new PC yesterday with this kit, an i5 3570k, the mentioned motherboard and an Enermax Revolution 650w PSU.

So, I don't really know what to do, because atm I am unhappy with these results.
    I searched Google and read about some guys having similar problems, reporting that this mainboard could possibly be sensitive with different PSU... Also I read that some guys seemed to be able to get this kit running with different bios versions... So I'm really unsure wether this problem lies within the BIOS or something else...

Anyway, some input would be awesome!

Thx in advance.

They've had problems w/ this mobo and BIOS, will want to try the latest F17 (8/23/12), can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=4153#bios

Then once you have the latest, clear the CMOS, install the sticks firmly in slots 1-3 (from the CPU), go into BIOS and enable XMP, select profile 1 and give that a try.

If any problems - let me know what the base timings are set as, along with the system voltages.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply!
      Yes, i installed the latest bios and followed the steps as u mentioned but it doesn't work.
      The timings are set to 10-12-12-31,
      tRC 43
      tRRD 7
      tWTR 10
      tWR 16
      tWTP 27
      tWL 7
      tRFC 313
      tRTP 10
      tFAW 26
      tCMD 2
      tRW 3

DDR Voltage 1.65
      Vtt Voltage 1.25

CPU VCORE 1.285
      CPU Vtt 1.050

hope this is the information you need.

Comment

Might try dropping tRFC to about 160 and try that

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No, that didn't work.

There where other timings i forgot to mention
          tREFI 9360
          tREFIX 82
          tRRDR 1
          tRRDD 3
          tWWDR 3
          tWWDD 5
          tRWDRDD 3
          tWRDRDD 1
          tRWSR 4
          tRRSR 4
          tWWSR 4

I'm a little bit confues atm with all this, so doen't know if this info will help.
          When I'm running the kit with 2133 my mainboard gives me the following information (M.I.T):
          tCl 10
          tRCD 11
          tRP 11
          tRAS 28
          tRTP 8
          tRRD 6
          tWTR 8
          tRFC 278

Comment

With the model # you showed, it's a 2x4GB set, is that correct? I ask because these numbers popping up are more like those for a 16 or 32GB set

Tman

Comment

Yes, it's a 2x4GB set.

Comment

I haven't mentioned that i use the integrated graphics of my intel processor. Could that be the reason why i cant clock this kit at more than 2133Mhz?

Comment

Might mean you need more vCore and want to raise the VCCSA to 1.15 or so, same with VTT (or CPUVTT it may be called)

Tman

Comment

It can be difficult for i5-3570K to achieve DDR3-2400.

Try boosting CPU VTT to see if it can help, but if not, DDR3-2133 with lower timings should be best.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X