Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a board for a F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a board for a F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL kit.

CPU will be: Intel Core i7-3820

Really just need a board that people have tested with this kit (F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL) and has good compatibility.

Most X79 mobos should be able to handle it, do you have a rough budget in mind and can offer more specific thoughts

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Around $200 would do nicely, my problem is that I've already have one board (ASUS P9X79) fail out for me. Hence why I need to be sure that I get a confirmed working board.

Comment

Fail out as in faulty/broken or the BIOS wasn't ready for 8GB sticks? If you have the mobo and rest, we can prob get it to run....otherwise I'd suggest the ASRock X79 Extreme 3 ($200) or Extreme 4 ($210)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm not entirely sure. It won't post, just gives a RAM error. I don't have any other kits that will boot it and I've already RMA'd once so I can't upgrade the bios. (To my knowledge at least.)

Comment

Have you tried w/ a single stick in slot one? (probably, but have to ask). Pull CMOS battery out for about 15 seconds with power unplugged, replace battery add power and try to boot with 1 stick. If still no go, I'd say bench it - see my info thread in general discussions here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Something might be shorting, may have some bent/broken pins in the CPU/socket or may have a component that's causing fail to boot, ran into a bad web cam plugged into a USB slot recently that wouldn't allow the rig to post up

Tman

Comment

It actually started as a bench, trying to get it running barebones with a PSU, CPU, RAM, and Video card. I've tried several video cards and PSUs, reseated the CPU, used different RAM. RMA'd the Mobo and CPU. No luck. Hence why I'm planning on just scraping it and moving on.

Comment

Sounds like you've been through it all... If I can be of any any help, just holler

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X