No announcement yet.

Input on build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tradesman. I'd like to pick your brain a bit more if thats ok. For this build I didn't buy a case as we had a brand new nrfb HP Blackbird case that we bought 4 yrs ago and even though it's a bit dated it's still a very good case. There isn't much info that I can find on the case wiring so here's a few questions.

There's a yellow 10-1 connection thats obviously for front audio (mic & speakers for headset) so I know where that goes on the mobo, but there is a thin white 10 pin connector attached to it that I have no idea what it's for and I'm sure I don't need it but am still curious of it's usage.

There is a top panel pop up on the case that also has 2 USB 2.0 ports,a firewire port and a multicard reader. You can't see where the remaining connections go to on the pop up panel, so I'm left with a 10-1 brownish color pin, a 10-1 white pin and a 5-1 thin white pin. The 10-1 have actually 9 places for a pin with one left blank and the 5 has one left blank.

If you have any idea or thoughts on what may be what I sure would appreciate it.

Comment

Both should be for front audio, 1 is normally if you elect to go hi-def audio if the mobo supports it, the other is for basic, like realtec audio.

The 5 pin is prob the firewire, am guessing on the other two, but would say white is to the USB ports and brown to the card reader which normally plugs into a mobo USB port

Been meaning to ask, when did you escape from New York? Didn't go to far
      Last edited by Tradesman; 10-05-2012, 06:56 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, the white and brown will fit in the USB on the mobo, wasn't sure about the white because it will fit a fan header but there isn't a fan in the front of the case and no firewire connection on the mobo. Didn't want to hook that one in the wrong place.

Broke out of NY in '81. LOL Not quite far away enough yet but working on it.

Comment

Keep us updated on how things are going

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Waiting for optical drive and RAM from the egg, the slim drive in the case is IDE not SATA and since there is no IDE header on mobo I can't use it. Wife can probably use it in hers if she wants to.

Mobo has 2 headers for 12v pwr a 4 pin and 8 pin, I'm assuming I only need the 8 pin. Never had a mobo with 2 12v headers, 24 pin is hooked up.

Only hooking up bare minimum ATM, want to make sure it all boots before I go more in depth.

I have to leave for Fla in morning, trying to get as much done as possible since I'll more than likely be gone for 2-3 weeks.

Comment

The second (4 pin) may be for additional power to the GPU(s)

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X