Is the ASUS P8Z77-V qualified for any G.Skill Memory Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ASUS P8Z77-V qualified for any G.Skill Memory Products

While researching the newer F3-2400C10D-8GTX PC3 19200 sticks, I checked this webpage to figure out if the motherboard I'm planning on buying (The ASUS P8Z77-V listed here) is listed as 'qualified' for this memory stick. As you can see, it is not listed, but other mobo iterations of the same chipset are listed:
    Qualified Motherboards List
    ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
    ASUS MAXIMUS V Extreme
    ASUS MAXIMUS V Formula
    ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX
    ASUS P8Z77-V LE

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
    Biosta TZ77XE4
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7
    MSI Z77A-GD65
    MSI Z77A-GD55
    MSI Z77A-G45
    MSI Z77 MPOWER
    Upon further research, I discovered that none of the G.Skill's Memory stick pages list the ASUS P8Z77-V as a qualified motherboard on gskill.com.

Is there a reason that the ASUS P8Z77-V is not supported for any G. Skill memory kits? Is it because it only has 8 power phases for the CPU, compared to the 12 power phases for the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro version?

Most likely the reason is because they either don't have the mobo yet or if they do, haven't had a chance to test with it yet. In all honesty it's basically impossible for any Dram manufacturer to test all the mobos out there and vice versa with the mobo makers. With the Tridents being relatively new, compounds the problem. Should have no problem as far as between your mobo and the DRAM, as long as your CPU's MC can carry 2400 sticks. On the Z77 chipset base you'll want a 3770K, though most 3570K CPUs will also run 2400. i.e. I have the 4x8GB 32GB Tridents in my Z77/3570K

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Most likely the reason is because they either don't have the mobo yet or if they do, haven't had a chance to test with it yet. In all honesty it's basically impossible for any Dram manufacturer to test all the mobos out there and vice versa with the mobo makers. With the Tridents being relatively new, compounds the problem. Should have no problem as far as between your mobo and the DRAM, as long as your CPU's MC can carry 2400 sticks. On the Z77 chipset base you'll want a 3770K, though most 3570K CPUs will also run 2400. i.e. I have the 4x8GB 32GB Tridents in my Z77/3570K
      Thank you for your prompt reponse.

I do intend to use the 3770K, though I'll only be using 4x4GB since I will be running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I just hope that Gskill.com isn't omitting the ASUS P8Z77-V because I, the user, am supposed to assume that because the memory is tested and approved for use on the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, then it will work on the ASUS P8Z77-V. If this is the case, I think it's quite an oversight, and almost deterred my business (I'm glad you have this forum).

On an unrelated question, do you recommend 4x4GB or 2x8GB for overlocking to the advertised 2400Mhz while retaining low latency?

Comment

I'd go the 2x8GB, less stress on the MC (Memory Controller) only having 1 stick in each of the two channels, and as mentioned my 3570K handles 2400 fine with all slots populated (32GB), was even able to OC a set of 4x8GB (fully populated) RJ X, 2133/CL9 up to 2400. Additionally it leaves room for possible expansion. Could take a look at my info thread here on QVLs:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

which I also expanded on for an Op/Ed piece for BenchMarkReviews.com here:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...id=27&Itemid=8

but basically it's impossible for any mobo maker to keep up with all the DRAM out there and vice versa for Dram makers and testing mobos, things come out to fast and even then mobos makers are always updating the BIOS, could see GSkill testing all their available sets on a mobo (over 100 +) and as they near completion a new BIOS comes out and have to start all over

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X