• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill ripjaws 8gb kit problem

Mobo : MSI z68a-G43 G3
    memory : Gskill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
    CPU : Intel 2600k

I currently have the gskill ripjaws 8gb dual channel kit. I bought this last year in august and its doing fine. But I need more memory because of lots of multitasking from tab browsing to video editing at the same time and such.

I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231455
    Which is the exact same ram I bought last year.

I have a MSI z68a-G43 G3, I reseted the bios through the jumper on the mobo, installed the ram with my current ripjaws, powered up and the mobo keeps boot looping after 5 secs or so, not even POSTing.

The only way it will boot normally is if I install a set without the other. The new set is fine, I am running on it right now but if I install both sets, it will boot loop.

Anybody have any ideas as to why? Its the same kit, same timing, same voltage, same speed.

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not try that. Anytime you mix sets it can be problematic, even the same model, also XMP won't work with mixed sets (programming is done by the set)....What I would suggest is if currently running with the 2 in slots 1-3, then try them in 2-4 (mainly to check if the slots are good), if they run good in the other slots, then install all 4 and go to BIOS, disable XMP and set DRAM to auto or manual, save, exit, shut down then start again and see if it works. If no, then auto not setting up correctly, so raise VCCIO voltage + 0.10 and DRAM voltage + 0.05....if still no joy, then we need to look at the advanced timings, I'm guessing here, but imagine they are off, so if you can post those advanced/secondary timings we can check them out. the tRFC comes to mind should prob be about 172-173 and am guessing MSI is setting maybe 128-135, but ought to check all those

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X