Need help with Gigabyte B75m-D3h and F3-10666CL9d-4GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Gigabyte B75m-D3h and F3-10666CL9d-4GBXL

Hi I have a mobo of Gigabyte B75M-D3H and the F3-10666CL9d-4GBXL 2 of 2gigs.I am getting black lines on my desktop I put main timings at 7 7 7 20 and it is an improvement but what else would I need to do.
    I have tried so many other things and it seems ram is the culprit.Either that or mobo is faulty.Can someone help me out with the timings? THks

Could be a number of things, with the DRAM though, make sure you have the latest BIOS, the timings should be 9-9-9-24, the CR (Command Rate) should be 2T or 2N, and the DRAM Voltage at 1.5. If that doesn't help, check the monitor cable (tight at each end), check that you have the latest graphics driver for your card or internal GPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

anyone with an idea pls

Comment

I have latest driver ,timings are 7 7 7 20 voltage is at 1.5 ,G540 processor.Monitor cable ok.Latest bios also. Any ideas for timings for this ram for that board?THks

Comment

Already said what the timings should be, will repeat 9-9-9-24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry those timings bring only lines, what else can I say.

Comment

Can check DRAM w/ Memtest, each stick by itself (4-5 passes), if those test OK, would raise DRAM voltage to 1.55 in case voltage not being allocated correctly, no joy there, raise MC (memory Controller) voltage + 0.06.....the sticks should be fine with the mobo, if still problems might try other DRAM (or if none available see if you can borrow other sticks)....if still problems try different cables to monitor, power cables, a different PSU.....can also RMA the set of sticks, but if they test fine with Memtest and the above would guess mobo/CPU problem....possibly bent/broken pins or thermal compound or debris/dust in socket

Tman

Comment

OK put back timings to 99924 ,lines are gone, I noticed if I put up internal graphics memory to 64 which is default lines come back.I have to keep it at 32 which is lowest.Anyideas.

Comment

Sounds like a BIOS issue, or a maybe a video driver issue

Tman

Comment

So now which one would be at fault my mobo or the g540 processor with graphics on it?

Comment

Could be either/or, might not even be either, if you have a third party CPU cooler, that tightens down with screws it could be one corner or side is tighter than the other, which could flex the mobo a hair in the area of the CPU socket, so if it is too tight at a given point it could mess up the connections between CPU and socket...could be a power cable, could be cable from mobo to monitor, could be the driver (do you have latest/have you tried available betas, CPU could be fluctuating....

Tman

Comment

Thks for reply cpu cooler is stock ,no problem there.Driver is ok, the lines appear also in safe mode.Tried another monitor on same analog port ,same problem.Looks to be board ,problem.

Comment

Sounds like it, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

MObo RMA 'ed sending back tomorrow.

Comment

Give us an update when you get the replacement if you have a chance

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X