X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with my unstable system

Memory: F3-1600C9Q-32GXM - 4*8GB
    CPU: AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 (latest non-beta bios F6)

I bought it with other 16gb memory (Bought the 32gb seperate, it was cheaper), which runs fine. but when i put the 32gb in, and everything is on "auto" in the bios, it is very unstable. it crashes randomly with different errors almost every time.

Here's my bios settings: (that work with the 16gb other memory)
    DRAM E.O.C.P disabled
    Voltage control: auto
    Memory clock auto
    DCTs Mode: Unganged
    DDR Timing Items: auto
    Memory clock says x6.66 1333Mh
    Cas Latency: 9T
    Memclock tri-stating: disabled
    Everything else is auto.

Can you please tell me how to configure this so the 32gb memory works?

Thanks,

Rck Ratayczak

If I understand right, you had 2x8GB and bought another 2x8GB? First off anytime you mix sets, even if they are the same model, it can be problematic...next the CPU is rated to 1866 at 1 STICK PER CHANNEL, you're running 2 sticks in each channel...all that being said, I'd suggest setting the timings manually, set the CR to 2Nor 2T, set DRAM voltage to 1.57, and raise CPU/nb voltage to about 1.35-1.4

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi

the F3-1600C9Q-32GXM is a 4 sticks kit, not really know about what you are saying:
      "I bought it with other 16gb memory (Bought the 32gb seperate, it was cheaper)"
      if you mix two kits to reach 32GB, could try enable the E.O.C.P and raising the DRAM voltage(up to 1.65v) to make it stable, if not, Tradesman mentioned about raise the CPU/nb voltage, let us know if you still have problem. however, mixing kits will not be recommend and G.SKILL will not guarantee the compatibility if you do so.

Comment

It came with 4x4 16gb DDR3 1600 which works.

I bought G.Skill's 32gb to replace them, not to mix. Now, I only want to use the 4x8 - 32gb I bought from your company.
        Last edited by rickrat; 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

AS a full set, I'd try DOCP first, then if that doesn't work try it manually as I described above, but can start with trying DRAM voltage at stock, though you still might need to raise it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X