Advice on adding new ram to ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on adding new ram to ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard

Hi, Would someone please advise my on which ram to add to my pc. I play the Sims 3 and think it would help if I added more ram. Nothing fancy just something that will improve my game performance. It would be great if I could pop in the new ram and go.
    Either 8 or 16 gigs consider upon advise.

my PC is Windows 7 64
    i5 750 processor
    motherboard ASUS P7P55D PRO
    video geforce GTX 550 ti
    G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Lot's of possibilities, any idea of budget? With your Combo, for either 8 or 16 I'd go with the Snipers (16GB 4x4GB F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR $130 or 8GB 2x4GB F3-17000CL9D-8GBSR $60) both of these sets are 2133 running at CL9, and if you lean towards 16GB, go with the single set, yes it's $10 more than two sets of 8GB, but any time you mix sets it can be problematic, and XMP won't work w/ mixed sets so setup is manual and can be rather daunting (or could be smooth as silk )

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I would like to keep the cost under $100. I'm leaning to the undaunting set up but if I have to go over 100. it will be worth it to me if it is a cinch. I appreciate your input.

Comment

If primarily thinking gaming and GP system use 8GB should be sufficient, not many games comes close to even 6 let alone 8GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X