F3-17000CL11Q-16GBSR will not boot at 2133 on Asrock z68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11Q-16GBSR will not boot at 2133 on Asrock z68

At wits end here and up to try anything. I bought this set to run it at 2133 (as advertised) but after I load in the XMP in the bios (v2.20) It will not boot into that speed my mobo just hard resets it to 1600. I have tried manual input and all to no avail. Any tips ?

Motherboard: Asrock z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3
    CPU: Sandy Bridge i2600k @4.5ghz
    GFX: PNY GTX - 680 Signature Edition
    Sound: Xf-i Xtreme Music
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 - boot | Crucial C300 - games | 2x WD Green 3TB storage
    Last edited by Uplinkpro; 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM.

Try a reset CMOS, power down. Pull sticks and reinstall each firmly enough the clips lock the sticks in by themselves. Power up, enable XMP, select 2133 profile, save and give it a try. If no joy and/or it resets to 1600, back to BIOS reselect the 2133 profile and if you have one, insert a flash drive, save exit....and go right back to BIOS, then take screen shots of the BIOS - primarily voltage settings and the DRAM timings, both basic and advanced/secondary timings (and while there check what the tRFC is, if not around 172 or so, and I suspect it won't be, change it to 172 after you get the screen shot)....then let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here are the screen shots still no go yet:

Comment

Try with VTT at around 1.1, same with VCCSA, then raise the tRFC to 171, tWR at 16

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Try with VTT at around 1.1, same with VCCSA, then raise the tRFC to 171, tWR at 16
          No luck still fails to boot twice then resets to 1600

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not try that, If so may want to run 4-5 passes with Memtest to see if a bad stick.

Tman

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not try that, If so may want to run 4-5 passes with Memtest to see if a bad stick.
              Running bios v2.20 the latest i could find on asrocks page. I ran Memtest 86+ and I ran 3 passes all 0 errors so far not really sure if this matters but they show up as Dual Channel ram in memtest not quad.

Comment

It's a dual channel mobo (two sticks in channel A and 2 in B), the X79/socket 2011 is the only true quad channel mobos....and need to run each stick individually to effectively test them

Tman

Comment

Ok so i ran the test on each single stick 4 pass each all passed at 1866 (the only speed they will boot at with all 4 in)

Comment

Should be good, I'll drop GSkll Tech a line and hopefully he can take a look Monday, it may be something easy that's passing over my head right now.....well, you could check the CPU and and socket for thermal compound that might have gotten under CPU/into socket or bent/broken pins....if you have an add on CPU cooler could chek that it's not attached too tight and be flexing mobo a little (i.e. loosen screws a 1/4 turn or so

Tman

Comment

Should be good, I'll drop GSkll Tech a line and hopefully he can take a look Monday, it may be something easy that's passing over my head right now.....well, you could check the CPU and and socket for thermal compound that might have gotten under CPU/into socket or bent/broken pins....if you have an add on CPU cooler could chek that it's not attached too tight and be flexing mobo a little (i.e. loosen screws a 1/4 turn or so
                      Using the XSPC Rasa watercooling kit its hand tight so no real worry's of bending on the board however I remounted and checked the pins and its all good. Im just sure we are missing something im not sure what. The board supports up to 2133 and im not really sure why its not taking that speed.

Comment

Haven't seen where GSkill Tech was in today, probably caught up in catching up with all the weekend email and phone traffic....have a feeling it's the BIOS not ready for high quantity of fast sticks, seen a lot of that, especially w/ Z68 mobos. Hoping GSkill Tech will pop in Tues

Tman

Comment

Haven't seen where GSkill Tech was in today, probably caught up in catching up with all the weekend email and phone traffic....have a feeling it's the BIOS not ready for high quantity of fast sticks, seen a lot of that, especially w/ Z68 mobos. Hoping GSkill Tech will pop in Tues
                          Yea its very odd. I can run 8gb at 2133 just not the full set.

Comment

OK, so any two modules can work at DDR3-2133? Try increasing VCCSA and VTT to see if that helps. Seems like a CPU problem, you can also try increasing DRAM Voltage to see if that helps.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                              OK, so any two modules can work at DDR3-2133? Try increasing VCCSA and VTT to see if that helps. Seems like a CPU problem, you can also try increasing DRAM Voltage to see if that helps.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH
                              increasing to what levels whats the safe range to stay in?

Comment

Working...
                              X