Latency Timing and Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency Timing and Voltage

I'm currently using the G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 ram. My question is about the timing. The timing on this particular model is 9-9-9-24. I have mine set at 8-8-8-22 and the voltage around 1.300v. at 1600 MHz to make it respond quicker. I think this would be considered the latency. Does this sound about right. I quest what I'm asking is this okay or I'm I damaging the ram? I'm currently using a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 v1.3 motherboard with an Intel i5 2500k processor. What timing would be best for a quick response? Thank you for any help on this matter.

CL8 on the 1600 sticks is faster than the stock CL(, as far as voltage, perfectly safe, the Snipers are great sticks. To really check can always run Benchmarks at CL8 and CL9 and might even want to try them at 1866 9-9-9-27 or so (they also OC well)...or even at stock CL9/1600 and try with the CR at 1T vs the 2T you are prob running with the CL8

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you so much for the helpful info. I will try the benchmark at CL8 and CL9 and also at 1866 with a 9-9-9-27 timing.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I sure will Tradesman.

Comment

We'll be here

Tman

Comment

I could not get the Gskill CL9 1600 low voltage stable at 8-8-8-22. kept getting BSOD. Currently running at recommended settings 9-9-9-24 with voltage set at 1.35V. Very stable at this setting. I would not dare say that the Gskill 1600 CL9 will not OC at those settings of 8-8-8-22 or 9-9-9-27 because I'm not that skill at making these adjustments correctly. I'm just a beginner. The reason I'm using a higher voltage for the 9-9-9-22 timing is because of my motherboard is a Z68XP-UD4 and I believe it requires a littile higher than 1.25V to run properly at lease it seem to anyway. Anyone have any suggestion. I really would like to run at 8-8-8-22 timing because it runs sweet. So smooth. Maybe I did increase the Gskill voltage enough.

Comment

Could try raising the MC (Memory controller) voltage a tad, think it's either VCCIO or CPUVTT, maybe + 0.06 and if needed try raising the DRAM voltage by + 0.02 at a time

Tman

Comment

Okay will try and thank you.

Comment

Let us know

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X