F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ wont run at 1600mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ wont run at 1600mhz

So i have the F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 2x2gb sticks of ram that ive had for a little over a year and a half. I have been fighting with this thing for the past few months, after i tried to upgrade my ram on my motherboard by switching to a 1866mhz sniper series and finding out that it wont run on certain AMD boards.

So i belive my setting got messed up. the F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ is back in and it runs only at 1333mhz. i switch to 1600mhz and it will crash after 10minutes or so of my computer being up and running.

I tried switching the timings to 11-11-11-29 and switched between T1 /T2, gave it a little more volatage "1.525" let the motherboard try auto settings on everything. But still yet i have no idea what to do. I read somewere online some one had a similar problem with this ram and they gave it 1.75v to get it to stableize, but i dont think i should do that.

If any one can help or knows how to please provide input thank you.

The Snipers run just fine on most any newer AMD mobo, if you have a CPU that can run them - most AMD CPUs can't, even the FZ series of CPUs often have problem running 1866. If you have a CPU that run at 1600, normally a 965 Rev C or better, can check the below thread for setting up the sticks, then if any problems give another shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X