Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper f3-12800cl9d-8gbsr and i5 2500k

Hi guys.

I have some trouble with the frequency of DRAM with I5 2500K. I know the Fmax is 1333Mhz for this processor but the memory frequency is trigged at 800Mhz.
    I have made many changes in BIOS (ASUS P8Z68V-PRO) without effect.
    Some one found a solution?

PS: why the voltage of this sniper's are 1.5v instead of 1.35 or 1.25 for the others?

Thanks.

Sergio

This set is the regular Snipers which spec at 1.5 volts, there are some low voltage sets available also. With your mobo/CPU combo, I'd ensure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP set to 1600 and should be good, unless the mobo isn't regulating voltage correctly (could try raising DRAM voltage and/or VTT + .05, or may have a bad stick which you can test by running 4-5 passes of Memtest on each stick individually. Check those things out and let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I have the latest BIOS and I already try the XMP config without result.
      I check the DRAM with memtest, no errors.
      Then I change the DRAM voltage (what is VTT?) to 1.55 and there is a problem : CPUZ says that the DRAM voltage is 1.5 ???
      I go to the BIOS, and the voltage is 1.55 curently. I'don't understand. I try with 1.4 and 1.45 and CPUZ always display 1.5...
      Any idea ?

Thanks.

Comment

CPU-Z shows spec voltage from the SPD (the programming in the stick) not what it is running at - is it stable at 1.55?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The computer is running for 15min and no boot or freeze.
          Where or with what soft can I check the voltage and frequence in Windows 7 ?
          What is maximum voltage for this RAM ? 1.65 ?

Thanks

Comment

I try not to take DRAM more than .1 to .15 over rated spec

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X