Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL and P9X79

Hello,

Having a hard time finding a solution for the issue I am having. New Build - Asus P9X79 board (with latest BIOS just installed) and F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL kit of Ram. Only sees 48 GB of RAM. On the MB I get an error on Slot C1 and C2 about them being ?Abnormal?. I moved the RAM around to try different RAM in the C slots and get the same result. I tried using XMP and I still get the same 48 Gb of RAM showing up. I am pretty sure everything is working and I just need to manually set timings?.but I am unable to find any that work.

Can you please provide info on what I need to do??

Much appreciated.

Dan

Might be bad slots (or a slot on the C channel), possibles to try would be raising DRAM voltage + .05, MC voltage 1.2, VCCSA 1.2 or a combination of the three. I'd start with VCCSA and DRAM, then maybe throw in MC voltage.....also might check the socket, make sure no seeped thermal compound or bent/broken pins in socket

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sees 48GB of RAM in the Windows and BIOS?

Comment

Yes..that is correct. I just tried only using 4 DIMMs and I get the same behaviour. only 24 GB shows up with the "abnormal' message on the C1 DIMM. Checked the DIMM slots and they all look fine.

I tried putting the DRAM voltage to 1.550 and the VCCSA to 1.2 as suggested...but no change. I'll talk to my vendor and see if I can get another MB. I'll let you know what happens.

Dan

Comment

Will be looking forward to hearing what they say, as mentioned, sounds like bad sockets/channel, especially if the sticks will work in the other slots and can move them all around but only when in the C area they bomb

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Unable to get all 64 gig of RAM to work on ASUS P9X79 Deluxe

I am having similar issues as being reported in this thread. I just got the F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD kit and installed and not able to get above 56MB reported. I am also getting "Abnormal" reported on the C2 and one other. I have re-seated everything and prior to getting this new kit had the GSkill 16gig kit working without issues.

Please advise your outcome or any tips. I am unable to RMA my motherboard since its over 30 days from Newegg and the 16gig kit was not using all the memory slots as I am now. I have also tried AUTO and both XMP settings to no avail.

Comment

Hi deaker00:

please lower the frequency to 1333Mhz to see if the abnormal message still remain or not, if so,
              this issue could be cause by the motherboard, please cantact ASUS for replacement. also, you can send this memory kit back for RMA if you really worry about it.

Hi Rummonkey:

this 2400Mhz kit will not be able to running at ASUS P9X79 Deluxe as well, here is the information about our QVL: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11385
              this board will support up to 2133Mhz, you could lower the frequency to 2133Mhz or return the memory kit for the proper memory kit as following: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=454

Comment

Conflicting information on compatibility still - PLEASE HELP

Thanks for the reply but I am still having issues and not sure on next steps. I have the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe and when looking on the site http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...79_DELUXE/#MSL

It shows under the above link in the document as being supported so I am confused. The only difference I see is I bought model F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD and what is listed in the document is the same part number minus the "2" F3-19200CL10Q-64GBZHD

You are correct in that once I lowered the frequency to 2133 everything booted but I am not able to overclock now beyond the XMP setting because everything else changes the frequency over 2133 and when running multithreaded applications like AfterEffects the system throws memory errors and crashes.

Since I have the unlocked CPU I would like to take advantage of overclocking and want to have the correct memory. NewEgg product page even indicates this memory is for my motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0CL10Q-64GBZHD

Having said that YOU are the manufacturer so I am not going to contradict what you are telling me but I hope you can see how I am confused based on the information I have shared?

If I have to return the memory for the other part number you are telling me http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=454 I assume I have to try and get a refund from NewEgg and go without memory for my system until they ship me the correct kit? In addition the fans that come with both kits do not even fit on the motherboard due to lack of clearences on the board itself. I am frustrated I am going to have to pay fees for a return for something listed as working that I paid a premium price for.

Please advise so I can start using my system with your memory

Thanks in advance!

Comment

If you go to 1 stick, clear the CMOS and then load all the sticks, it will prob come up, by the mobos default to 1600, which is how Asus does their 'TEST' for compatibility...i.e. they do not set the sticks to XMP and try them at the rated freq which here is 2400. And most X79s have trouble running 2400 in of itself, few of the BIOSs are tuned for 2400 (w/ the exception of the Asus Rampage IV Extreme. For 2400 on your mobo, the P9X79 DELUXE, would take a lot of tweaking w/ voltages, timings and a healthy OC of the CPU, preferably the 3960X, though I have seen the 3930K run 32GB at 2400.

Might take a look at my info thread on mobo QVLs:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

it explains a little about them and RamJam went out and gathered quotes from some manufacturers as to how they 'TEST' for compatibility....basically they just use whatever sets they have on hand, stick them in and if it boots at the mobo default (either 1333 or 1600) they say good to go, then send people to the DRAM maker and blame it on the sticks, when more often than not, it's the mobo BIOS.

What CPU are you running, what OC and if you can post up your DRAM settings (both base and advanced/secondary) along with your system voltages from the BIOS we can see if we can get the sticks to play nice

Tman

Comment

Hi rummonkey,

if you planning build your own system, and use the high performance memory module, please kindly
                    check our QVL for ensure they are compatible. http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=460
                    and i believe F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD will perfectly suited with your system, and please let us know if you have more other question about the memory modules.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem. I have an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme with a 3970X and 64GB of F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD for which that motherboard is certified and the BIOS and Windows only see 48GB. I've tried both XMP profiles to no avail.

I can't see all the people, including me, who have experienced this same problem as having experienced a coincidence.

I paid almost $500 for the motherboard which is brand new and $700 for the RAM which is brand new and which I got from NewEgg.

What's going on G.Skill?

jdb2

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Double check all sticks are inserted firmly (i.e. release the catches and reinsert untill the clips latch by themselves. Enable XMP select profile and try. It should set VCCSA voltage to 1.2-1.25 and VTT - CPUVTT to prob about 1.2....if still no joy might try starting with 4 sticks, if it see all of them, then try two more, when/if you reach a point it doesn't see all the DRAM, try with a different stick, that way you might narrow it down to a bad stick or a bad slot on the mobo. Might also pull the CPU and make sure no debris/thermal compound in slot or on bottom of CPU - also check for bent/broken pins in the slot (have had that pop up a couple of times in the last week)....then let us know what you find

Tman

Comment

I'm also getting rounding errors in Prime95.

jdb2

Comment

Is it seeing all 64GB now...if not, no real sense in trying to run Prime till you find if there's a bad stick or if you have a bad slot/mobo, or a prob w/ the CPU....was trying to present some troubleshooting options prior to running Memtest on each stick....

Tman

Comment

Yes. I have the latest BIOS. And no, there's no damage to the CPU.

What I did was take out all the ram from the black slots leaving me 32GB.
                              The BIOS then still only reported 24GB meaning that there was either a bad black slot or a bad DIMM.

Then, I successively took out one DIMM at a time, starting from the left, checked the amount of RAM in the BIOS and looked to see if it was 16GB and if it was I replaced the DIMM. I finally found the DIMM/slot where the reported memory size didn't change from 24GB. I then removed that DIMM. The reported memory size in the BIOS with the 4th DIMM installed was a correct 24GB ( 3 DIMMs ). To be extra sure I removed the 4th DIMM and put it in the bad DIMM's slot and the reported memory size in the BIOS stayed at 24GB -- still correct. To be extra extra sure I removed the 4th DIMM, known to be good now, and put the bad DIMM in the 4th black slot that the 4th DIMM originally occupied : the reported memory size in the BIOS went down to 16GB. This ruled out the DIMM slots.

So, I have a bad DIMM.

What to do from here?

jdb2

Comment

Working...
                              X