F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL + Asus P9X79 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL + Asus P9X79 Deluxe

I am the owner Memory F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL.
    I have a motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, which is a list with compatible motherboards.
    The problem occurred after updating to the latest BIOS version.
    One of the memory chips is detected at half capacity.
    I tried to load a previous version of the BIOS, but the problem remained.
    Also, swapping places of memory chips did not give a positive result.
    This is always one memory chip, regardless of where it will place slot.
    I would add that this memory model is not listed compatibility with my motherboard.

First of all, yes it's compatible, the Z series of Ripjaws was designed for the X79 chipset, might look at my info thread on QVLs for a little info on them:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Don't fully understand what you are saying, apparently it seems the full capacity of the set isn't showing up some where but I need to know where. To check capacity of each stick individually can simply install each stick by itself and check what the BIOS and Win say you have in the system. Should give the same amount for each stick. What I'm thinking it may be is you are saying Win shows like 16GB with 14GB available or something to that affect? If some the mobo may have allocated some of the DRAM to the video GPU or another systems device. If this is from Win itself, if you could post a screenshot it would help figure things out, or if it's showing that in the BIOS, believe with your mobo, you can insert a flash drive in a USB slot, then boot into BIOS, and at any screen you are at hit the F12 key which will save a screenshot of the BIOS screen to the flash drive

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I also do not understand it, but it just happens.
      I wanted to put here screenshots BIOS, but it is only possible to give the link.
      The system windows 7 x64 and BIOS gives me an understated the value of 2GB, 16GB should be.
      I started the program cpu-z, which shows 16GB.
      All the memory settings are set to auto.
      Enable or disable the XMP profile does not change anything.
      Information DRAM Asus gives me that one of the memory sticks work as "abnormal", after turning it from a different memory is still bad works.

Comment

Might be time for a RMA, can contact GSkill at rma@gskill.com for the world, in the Americas rma@gskillusa.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X