Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong SPD/part number info on F3-1600C9D-8GAO

Hello,

I have just bought this RAM kit : G.SKILL KIT EXTREME3 2 X 4 GO PC12800 ARES CAS9 (F3-1600C9D-8GAO) here.

The first DIMM seems ok and show as : F3-1600C9-4GAO
    But the second DIMM shows this part number : F3-128000CL9-4GBXL

(SPD info read on MEMTEST86+ and CPU-Z)

How is it possible ?

Apart this wrong SPD info, the kit seems to work well, i ran a very quick test (only 1 pass) on MEMTEST86+ without an error at the 1600MHz/9-9-9-24/1.5V settings.

I have contacted my reseller (Materiel.net) about this problem and I'm waiting their response to my exchange demand...

My guess would be, you may have gotten either the last stick or the first stick off of a line change, where they may have ended or started a run of say RJ sticks and then wwent to Ares or vice-versa and one of the RJ sticks (prob a missed one from the end of it's run, got put together wit a run of Ares to the the line where the heatsinks are applied........

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

FYO, my reseller has exchanged my kit with a new one and all is OK (and correct SPD) now !

Comment

Great, glad to hear all is well. Keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X