Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR compatible with AMD FM1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR compatible with AMD FM1?

Hi. Last year I bought 2 sets of G.Skill Sniper F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR, for my ASUS P8Z68-V PRO and Intel Core i7 2600K system. In total is 16 GB (4 x 4 GB).

My mother asked me to buy her a new low-budget computer. I was thinking in a AMD Fusion A8-3870K with a ASUS F1A75-M PRO. And I'm thinking if I could use one set in this system, and keep with 8 GB only. Since I've never used more than that, and I could save money from the memory.

The problem is that I can't get information about the compatibility with this RAM. These sets are no more manufactured. The official information page: http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=386, only says to be compatible with Intel P55,P67 and Z68 chipsets. In some webs it says it's compatible with AMD AM3, AM3+ and Llano. But I didn't find anything about these sets with this CPU generation.

Is it possible?

Sorry for my english. I live in Argentina. Thank You!

I'd give them a try, only thing that bothers me at all is CL7 might be a bit tight for the CPUU, is so should be able to run fine at 8-8-8-24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Actually, the timing 7-8-7-24-2N only works with XMP activated. Otherwise use the normal 9-etc

Comment

In the Newegg website it says to be compatible with AMD:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231459

And some reviews say to be used with AMD Phenom processors.

Comment

The Motherboard says to be compatible with "4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR3 2250(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
          Dual Channel Memory Architecture" So in theory it should work.

Comment

I think they should, a problem there with the mobo info though, need to keep in mind that refers to the chipset of the mobo, need to be sure your CPUs MC (memory Controller) can handle the sticks you use, i.e. the mobo says 2250, but there's few AMD CPUs that can even run 2133 (and then they are generally limited to 2 sticks of DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sure I understand. In this motherboard you can only use 2250, overclocking the CPU. But 1866, 1600,1333 and 1066 can work without overclock. I don't know. Everything seems to be compatible. I guess I should try and see.

Comment

Let us know how it turns out

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X