Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL voltages

Hi Tradesman/G.Skill Tech,

I purchased a set of F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL for my MSI Z77A-GD65, and I've been able to hit 2133mhz @ 1.655v rock solid so suffice to say I'm pretty pleased w/ this product.

However, I was wondering what is the max. (safe) dram voltage for this set of memory? I've tried 2400mhz w/ partial success (had some errors in prime95 blend) so I know I'm pretty close if I just bump up the voltage a tad bit.

My VCCIO & VCCSA are already at 1.21v. I'd rather increase the DRAM voltage if possible... just need to know the safest maximum I can take it to w/o damaging the sticks.

Please advise. Thanks!

If you want to stay at about 1.65 prob want the CL at 12, otherwise, can go up to 1.7 or even a little higher, I'd try 1.7 and if stable, bring it down at about .01 at a time

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Tman!...much appreciated. I will give that a try.

Comment

Keep us updated, just for info to you and anyone, when OCing DRAM, I generally just go up one notch (i.e. 1866 to 2133, or if stock 2133 then to 2400), and raise base timings by 1 (i.e. if 9-9-9-27 then up to 10-10-10-28 or so) and raise DRAM voltage + .05. If no joy, then add about .075 to MC voltage. I've found that generally is a good mixture to OC with, then can finetune from there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman,

2400mhz is a no-go for me. It looked to me like it worsened as I raised the DRAM voltage. At 1.66v, I got as far as 11 tests in Prime95 blend before "worker 3" failed. At 1.67v = about the same. At 1.7 volts I failed even earlier and multiple workers/cores w/ errors. Perhaps it got worse w/ the added voltage/heat.

I guess I was getting a bit ambitious that's all. I already tested in the clear the last 2 nights w/ a 3770k @ 4.7ghz and my memory at DDR 2200. I was just wanting to squeeze a bit more out of them, but I'm thinking I'm going to settle w/ 2200mhz.

My VCCIO & VCCSA are already at 1.21v. From what I've read for Ivy Bridges, 1.2v is the max for those two voltages? Perhaps I could achieve my 2400mhz target if I raised those 2 voltages, but I'd rather not if those are in fact at their maximum. What do you think?

Thanks!

Comment

Might be CPU, might be mobo, know I've got a Z77 and have run a few sets from 2133 to 2400, but at the same time figured my 3570K should carry 2600, so I tried my Tridents (2400 stock) and can get all 32 GB to 2600, but needs a lot more voltage than I want to run, so I'm settled in at 2400, plan to try the sticks and CPU with a couple other mobos in the next few weeks as I bring some builds back in for finer tuning. (I normally deliver systems running an OC theyn have them brought back in for higher OCing and tuning once the thermal compound has set up (a few days) and they use it for awhile looking for other odds and ends they want fixed/improved)

Tman

Comment

Cool! Keep us posted on your findings. In the meantime, I'll settle w/ 2200 until some new tweak comes along.

Thanks very much for your help Tman.

Comment

Wish I could do/offer more, might keep a loose eye out on the BIOS updates for your mobo and try as they 'improve' things, but keep a record of all your BIOS settings. When they upgraded the BIOS on my Z77 to ver 2.0 (after I worked with them to get a good 1.4 and 1.6 versions, they reverted back to an earlier version limitation, and couldn't even run 2400 with native 2400 sticks, so had to drop back to 1.6 - having all the 'good' prior settings on paper, made it a whole lot easier, than starting over from scratch again

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X