No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL unstable in Asrock X79 Extreme6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update here. I mailed the ram to G-Skill last Monday, so it should be arriving any time this week. I assume they will email me when they get it?

I also borrowed a 2x2gb stick kit (G-Skill kit) that a friend wasn't using anymore and the computer hasn't had a single BSOD or lockup since. I guess G-Skill just got a bad batch of memory chips from one of it's suppliers...

Comment

Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

usually the RMA process will taking 5~7 working days, please note.

Comment

Will I get an email from g-skill when they receive the ram? It's been almost two weeks, and it went by air so it must be arriving soon.

Comment

Not positive how they work that....might get a response from Support today, if not it should be Monday, will drop them a line

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Is there a phone number to call them at? Because I haven't heard anything since I mailed it out almost three weeks ago now.

Comment

Through the US, Support can try 1-909-598-6860 if it went via China try 886-2-2766-7889

Tman

Comment

the RMA replacemnet will take 5~7 working days after received the package, and will send it back
                  immediately! sorry for the inconvenient!

or you can let us know about your RMA number, will check with the US Tech support and reply to you asap.

Comment

I just called RMA support and they informed me that the replacement kit has been shipped back on the 12th. So the replacement is on it's way.

I was just expecting an email or something, but as long as it's shipped I'm not going to complain.

Comment

Let us know when you get the set and how it goes

Tman

Comment

So I just got the replacement set in monday or tuesday this week, I just got the chance to put them in to test them out and make sure the replacement doesn't have any problems.

So far they're running in XMP at 9-9-9-24 with a tRFC of 128 and 1T command rate, which the previous kit couldn't do. I'll probably keep them in for the day to make sure they're fine and then swap my Samsung sticks back in. I'll probably sell these off or give them away to a family member who is upgrading to Z77.
                        Last edited by kmo_9000; 09-26-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Very good, glad to hear it sounds resolved!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X