X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ problem

Hi everyone.

I have an unusual problem.

I have 16GB (4x4) F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ. All was working perfect for about two years. Now suddenly my BIOS and OS recognize only 8GB...

So I've reseted CMOS, updated BIOS, set all parameters manually, played with voltage, BUS/RATIO, tried every slot/DIMM combination, and discovered that it sees every DIMM as 2GB not 4GB as it used to....

Can you help me what goes wrong?

Regards,
    Hiro

Model of the motherboard: ASUS M4AGTD-PRO/USB3
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955

The model number you provided is that of a 2 GB stick, if you have 4 of those then it only totals to 8GB of DRAM (if running 4 sticks) 2 GB x 4 sticks = 8GB total.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I've double checked and its F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ. My CPU-Z showed it wrong.

As i mentioned it was 16GB and two days ago something went bad.

plz help

Comment

What you showed originally is (F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ) is the model # of an individual 2GB stick, what you are showing now (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ) is the model # of a 2x2GB set (or 4GB total) operative parts of the model # being the "D-4" which indicates (D) dual or 2 sticks and 4 indicating 4GB total in the set, 2 packages would be 8 GB total. Can see my info thread on model #s here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10564

If this had been a single 16GB set the model # would be F3-12800CL9Q-16GBNQ, with the "Q-16" showing Q for for 4 or Quad and 16 for total GBs, 2 sets would be model F3-12800CL9D-8GBNQ for Dual (2) - 8GB total

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10564

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X