Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400c10D-8GTX getting problem while overclocking

hi

well i decided to go with asus p8z77-v and F3-2400c10D-8GTX (2kits) ddr3-2400 cl10-12-12-31 1.65v pc3-19200 4gx2 ram

so after bulding up the system i was getting problem while overclocking in auto tune mode with asus ii suite

problem is :

well when i try to auto tune the system won't boot up so i tried 2 dimm sperately and system booted up and in auto tune the first 2 ram over clock higher cpu ghz than the second 2 ram

for example: ram kit 1 over clock on auto tune to 44 or 45 ghz in auto tune mode

ram kit 2 over clock cpu to 41 on auto tune

system :

i7 3770k
    p8z77-v
    4*4g gskill trident x
    corsair h80
    sesonic 750 watt
    gtx 750 sli

if i tried the four dimm the system won;t boot up

i bought the 2 kits sperately but they both have the same model and even in serial they are like 1-2 / 4-5

btw: the four stick run on xmp porfile just fine on 2400
    Last edited by ND5; 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM.

Mixing sets can be problematic, especially high freq sticks, which is why sticks are sold in a variety of number of sticks and amounts of DRAM. Also XMP doesn't work w/ mixed sets so you have to set the sticks up manually. Would suggest the latest BIOS, install all sticks and raise the DRAM voltage + .06 above spec, also raise your CPUVTT voltage to 1.15 or so and give that a try...if no joy...post your DRAM settings, including secondary/advanced timings as well as system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Mixing sets can be problematic, especially high freq sticks, which is why sticks are sold in a variety of number of sticks and amounts of DRAM. Also XMP doesn't work w/ mixed sets so you have to set the sticks up manually. Would suggest the latest BIOS, install all sticks and raise the DRAM voltage + .06 above spec, also raise your CPUVTT voltage to 1.15 or so and give that a try...if no joy...post your DRAM settings, including secondary/advanced timings as well as system voltages
      thanks for replaying well but they are already can run with xmp without a problemso no need to set ram manually , right ? , i was saying that one kit give me different cpu frequncy from the other kit while overclocking through auto tune on asus ii sute , i didn't notice that untill id id the test my self

Comment

As far as autotune, not sure, most of the software tuning utilities aren't very good, plus most mobo makers don't keep their software updated to their BIOS updates. I was working off where you said with for DIMMS the system won't boot, which often happens with mixed sets. If things work correctly when set up up through the BIOS, then I wouldn't mess with the add on software

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As far as autotune, not sure, most of the software tuning utilities aren't very good, plus most mobo makers don't keep their software updated to their BIOS updates. I was working off where you said with for DIMMS the system won't boot, which often happens with mixed sets. If things work correctly when set up up through the BIOS, then I wouldn't mess with the add on software
          thanks for replaying ,
          i wanted to get 4*4g set but i didn't found it as awhole set in my local stors
          so i went for two sets
          so how would i know if the two sets are compitable with each other?
          they both run @ xmp profile fine is these sign for comptabilty or there other way to check it out ?

another thing how can i set the rams manually on 1600? because i don't want to have trouble while i overclock the cpu

Comment

At 1600 should be able to run at 8-8-8-24 or 8-9-9-26 with no problem I would think, probably even tighter. As far as compatibility, if the same same sets, they are compatible, generally if they won't play nice together, you can increase the DRAM and/or MC voltage to smooth things out. If the BIOS isn't ready for them might have to adjust the secondary/advanced timings. If any problems post up your DRAM and system voltage info from the BIOS and we'll try and get them to play nice

Tman

Comment

At 1600 should be able to run at 8-8-8-24 or 8-9-9-26 with no problem I would think, probably even tighter. As far as compatibility, if the same same sets, they are compatible, generally if they won't play nice together, you can increase the DRAM and/or MC voltage to smooth things out. If the BIOS isn't ready for them might have to adjust the secondary/advanced timings. If any problems post up your DRAM and system voltage info from the BIOS and we'll try and get them to play nice
              thanks for replay i apprcaite ur help

well i did try those settings but they were not stable

first setting with cpu oc to 4.5 with vcore of 1.265 and ram timing 8-8-8-24 dram voltage of 1.500 and ram frequncy of 1600mhz and system freezed while runing prime 95

so i restarded and then tried same settings and changd ram timing to 8-9-9-26 it gaved me BOSD while runing prime 95
              Last edited by ND5; 08-16-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Try DRAM voltage 1.55 or try 9-9-9-27

Tman

Comment

Try DRAM voltage 1.55 or try 9-9-9-27
                  well , i was trying to test the two kits recently so i unpluged 1kit from the mobo and left the other one

and made the OC to cpu 4.5 and 1.265 vcore with ram settings are auto and they run fine didn't have a crash

and thats go too for the other kit expect i noticed that i have windows programme got stopped by it self while runing prime95 but it didn't gaved me bosd and it didn't restart or freez and prime 95 was runing fine

but when i just test the four dimm (two kits ) it gaved me BOSd so how come !!

because i just just tested the two sperately and they both run fine with these settings under prime95 but together with same settings i get BOSD under prime 95

could be one kit requir more vcore than the other kit ??

Comment

My guess is the BIOS isn't setting the advanced timings correctly, can you post your DRAM and system voltage settings from the BIOS (an easy way is to insert a flash drive, then boot into BIOS, at each screen with settings on it, hit the F12 key which will store a screen shot to your flash drive. Can also try raising the CPUVTT to 1.15 or so with the four sticks (leave other DRAM timings as is, as well as the DRAM voltage) and check in the secondary timings, take a look at tRFC at 1600 would guess you'll need about 155

Tman

Comment

My guess is the BIOS isn't setting the advanced timings correctly, can you post your DRAM and system voltage settings from the BIOS (an easy way is to insert a flash drive, then boot into BIOS, at each screen with settings on it, hit the F12 key which will store a screen shot to your flash drive. Can also try raising the CPUVTT to 1.15 or so with the four sticks (leave other DRAM timings as is, as well as the DRAM voltage) and check in the secondary timings, take a look at tRFC at 1600 would guess you'll need about 155
                      thanks for ur effort trying to help me , i apprciated alot

well yesterday i was trying to run prime again with 4.5 and vcore 1.265 with other settings set to auto and i had 13 hours on prime 95(blend test ) but acouple mintes later i found that one worker has got down and i was seeing that cpu is 89 load and not 100% and when i opend prime 95 resluts i found

Self-test 2400K passed!
                      Self-test 2400K passed!
                      FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
                      Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
                      Self-test 2400K passed!
                      Self-test 2400K passed!

well i don't have usb flash but i grabed some pictures that look like my bios and changed
                      the setting according to my settings :

thats my settings that u requested
                      Last edited by ND5; 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Let's start with just trying DRAM RRF Cycle Time up to 154

Tman

Comment

alright i did test with settings 4.5 vcore 1.265 DRAM RRF Cycle Time up to 154 and all other are auto

so i passed intel burn test ffor around 2 and half hour so it's stable

but again for longativity i got one worker stopped after 12hours + on prime 95 blend test (i notice that windows explorer got working stopped after i run prime95 for 1hour but i don't knwo it it's related that i was browsing somethign over internet while runing
                          but it didn't freeze or BOSD )

i also tried memset to see if there is any error with four dimm installed and completed pass 1 without errors so i don't know it's enough

Last edited by ND5; 08-18-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Try that up a hair to 156 and add + .01 to DRAM voltage.....and to be honest think just a few hours is more than plenty of Prime, running in in excess can shorten the life of components

Tman

Comment

Try that up a hair to 156 and add + .01 to DRAM voltage.....and to be honest think just a few hours is more than plenty of Prime, running in in excess can shorten the life of components
                              thanks for effort trying to help me , u are really the best support i have got ever
                              hope other compnies would do the same but they don't

well i know it can shorten life of components but the erro only appear after long test hours
                              like after 12 hours as i stated

if i run it for 6 hour no problem what so ever with the settings i used before , but after 12 hour u could see error that's why i'm seeking for soild overclock not something that can cause problem in future with some progarames or some games that it could mis calculating and crashes that's why i do these stress test for long hours to make sure that there is no hardware errors

by that way adding .01 to dram that would be 1.656 ?? because it won't read in my system i only can increase by incerment by 0.005
                              Last edited by ND5; 08-18-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X