best memory P8z77-V Premium motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best memory P8z77-V Premium motherboard

Please suggest the best memory for my proposed build with i7 3770 processor, and Asus P8z77-V Premium motherboard.
    I want to run 2 sticks of 8gb, and want to overclock with the boards auto program
    I am getting more confused and running out of time
    Thank-You,
    Daniel

Budget? And is this 3770 (plain) or 3770K (unlocked). If it's the K, then the sky's the limit (along with budget), the K will run up through 2800+ (tridents in 2400, 2600 and 2666), at 2133 are the Ripjaws X, then at 1866 are Ripjaws X and Snipers. If it's the 3770 (locked) prob want to look to 2133 or lower.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Best memory for my build

Do you want me in 'general hardware or software discussion'?

I do not understand the relationship of the locked i7 and the memory speed.

Please suggest the best memory for my build:
      i7 3770 [plain], Asus P8z77-V Premium, 450 gb ssd for w7 home premium & programs, and large hard drive with onboard ssd catch for files and other programs.
      No money issues, and I do not want to waste $$$, or build a ?stupid? system
      I want to buy the parts soon, and am confused about the ram. I want the fastest @ 2 sticks of 8gb, if it is not necessary to have 4 sticks. I do not understand asus qvl, and too many options @ gskill site on this board.
      I want to oc this system with the auto procedure of the board
      I am getting more confused and spending too much time
      All this is up for change, just want an up to date fast system.
      Any advice you can give will be very helpful
      Thank-you again,
      Daniel

Comment

Here is fine....In order to run higher freq DRAM requires an OC of the CPU, the locked 3770, via Turbo boost goes up to 3.9GHz, and you generally want faster to run the higher freq sticks, i,e, 2200-2800. For those freq of sticks I generally look to 4+ GHz and higher. So for say 2133, I'd go with the 2x8GB Ripjaws X F3-2133C9D-16GXH.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank-You very much,
          I have learned a lot from you in the sticky notes also,
          Take care and I will let you know how it goes when it starts up
          Daniel

Comment

We'll be looking for it, think you'll like the RJ X, I have the 32GB set in my P67.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X