• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This RAM isn't on the mobo QVL but...

Memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    CPU: AMD FX-4100
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97

Ok, it's been a while since I've built a system and I'm a little rusty. I ordered that motherboard and memory for my new build and have since realized that neither Asus nor G.Skill have certified either to work with each other. So, I guess my question is: Can I expect to have trouble with this memory/mobo combination, or should it work? I've been reading reviews on various sites and there has been a handful of mentions of others using these two together with mixed results, but mostly positive. Any input would be most appreciated.

You should be fine with the RJs and your combo, 1600 is a good choice for the 4100, make sure you update the BIOS on the mobo and shouldn't have any problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'm hoping that the BIOS is at least current enough to recognize the CPU and memory so that I can update it, mainly because I don't have replacement parts should I need to swap out either one to update the BIOS.

Comment

If a new mobo, hopefully they have the BIOS up to date enough to 'see' the FX CPU, we've had a few out here that got mobos with older BIOSs that weren't ready for it...would think yours is, it's fairly popular

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It supports the 4100 since BIOS 0813. There should be a sticker on the board denoting which BIOS/UEFI is installed.
          http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...us/M5A97/#CPUS
          I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Working...
          X