X OR W series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X OR W series?

I have a Asus P8Z68V GEN 3 (Updated with latest Bios) motherboard with a I5 2500k in it. I want to buy a 16GB Quad memory kit for it but my local outlet has the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL and the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL series for sale. A little research tells me the that the W series was designed for the Z68 Chipset but is also an older design than the Z series and in my Outlet is more Expensive, but technically I can not find out what the actual differences are.

So my question is If I buy the Z series and save myself some hard earned cash will I be worse off? Or would it I be better in stumping up the extra and buying the older X series?

Thanks For any replies

The X series was indeed designed earlier and aimed at the P67,H67, Z68 chipsets and soon followed by the Z series, which was actually oriented towards the X79/socket 2011 mobos, either series will work fine with your combo - and it's X or Z series, you did a me and put in X or "W"

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got it right at the end lol! Glad you understood me
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

No problem, let us know what you decide and how all goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X