Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL Help needed

Hi,

I have just built a new system please see below.

Aarock Fatal1ty Professional Z77
    G.Skill Ripjaws Z 1866MHz 4 x 4 16gb kit.2047 F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL
    Intel i7-3770K CPU
    XFX PRO 850Wi PSU

I have run HCI Memtest and the memory has errors with timmings set to XMP 1866MHz 9 10 9 28 2T FSB Dram is 1:7 with 1.5V even with default bios timmings of 1600MHz 11 11 11 28 1T FSB Dram is 1:6 with 1.5V I still get errors. Testing each stick 1 at a time there are 2 sticks with lots of errors and 2 sticks that passed. But when I tested the 2 sticks that passed on there own and put them in together they failed the test.

Am I doing something wrong or are they all faulty and why did 2 sticks pass on there own but failed when paired together?

Thanks for any help with this.
    Last edited by dx90; 08-06-2012, 01:43 AM.

They work okay in slot 1 but when paired up have problems? Might have a bad slot, also might check to be sure have latest BIOS (1.3 it has updates that pertain to your CPU) and all drivers are updated.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have updated to the newest bios and it's still the same. I have just tried the memory in a friends pc and it did he same. So that rules out a bad slot. I will send them back to the shop for a replacement.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

No problem, sorry you got a bad set, let us know when you get the replacement

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

Just keeping you up to date with my memory problem like you asked.

I was told that the memory I sent back was found to be faulty and I have now received a replacement.

I have run HCI Memtest and the replacement memory has errors as well just not as many with timings set to XMP 1866MHz 9 10 9 28 2T FSB Dram is 1:7 with 1.5V

When I let the motherboard set auto default for the memory @ 1600MHz with very lose timings I can run HCI Memtest for 200% with no errors. I will do this test again today over a much longer time period to make sure my findings are correct.

But every time I run the memory with the proper rated XMP timings @ 1866MHz I get errors.

I will let you now my findings.

Thanks

Comment

I have now tried to get the memory to run @ 1866MHz stable but I'm still getting errors @ stock sppeed.

What do you suggest?

Comment

1866 requires an OC, you show running at stock, might try at about 3.9 or 4.0

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, thanks for your reply.

Just to check that I have this correct.

I need to overclock the cpu to around 3.9 to 4.0 as a start point to get the memory to run 1866MHz stable @ 1.5V. Is this correct?

One last question. There are two XMP settings to choose from. I am using a Sandy Bridge do I use XMP 1 or 2 for this CPU or does it not matter?

Thanks
                Last edited by dx90; 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I had a similar issue, and from what G.Skill tech support told me, overclocking your CPU shouldn't matter. Also, with my ASRock mobo, the two XMP profiles are the exact same, so it shouldn't make a difference which one you choose. One thing I tried was openning the DRAM config and manually setting the timings (i.e. 9-10-9-28 for timings and 2 for CR). Then, click out of the config and manually set your speed to 1866.

I had a set of 2133 snipers and found after several different tries that my CPU was more than likely not compatible with these speeds...though I don't think that should be your problem with your i7.

Comment

Believe XMP selection 2 is for the XMP 1.3 profile which is what you would want with your Ivy Bridge (the Z77/3770K, Sandy is 25/26/2700K(s) and P67, H67, Z68), it's slightly different then the XMP 1.2 profile for SB. And 3.9, 4.0 is just what I use as a starting point, once running and stable can always downclock backwards. The mobo specs though indicate 1866 is the starting point for DRAM that needs an OC to get that speed and be stable, every CPU and combo can differ, some CPUs don't even require an OC can make do on the lower clock speed with voltage adjustments

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X