Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Crosshair V formula with G.Skill

Hi,

I have a question in a few days i want to buy a new system and i have chosen the mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula ( with CPU AMD FX 8150 ) and i want to buy this ram with it: G.Skill RipjawsZ F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL. So what i want know is can it run properly on that mobo, would the ram work fine without giving any problems?

Hi Wenzhao,
    I have that board, CPU, and that mem "WILL" work fine as long as you have no plans to OC the CPU/Ram too much. AMD does not like 4 chips when you OC! Its going to boot at 1333 just fine though.

I got the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231589 2x8=16 and they did 1866 on auto settings right out of the box with no tweaking needed.

4.3 CPU base clock with the voltage still on AUTO (turbo is off, I will start working on that soon)
    2400 @ 12-13-12-24-CR1 with the 2 stick kit I listed
    Stock amd CPU cooler that came in the box (this is why turbo is off, my block cracked)
    Last edited by KC8DKT; 08-05-2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

they will be fine .. if you o/c yes make sure turbo is off and leave it that way ..
      best to set ram speed manualy ie:10/10/10 28 t2 or what ever your mem should be ..
      with 4 sticks you may need to up nb/cpu voltage a touch 1.25-1.27 v same with 8 gb sticks ..

Comment

The Asus Crosshair V Formula bios 1402 will Up/Down the NB/CPU voltage for you if left on auto based on the ram speed setting!

Auto NB/CPU Voltage is doing 2400-12-13-12-24-CR1 @ 1.7v with my CPU at 4.2Ghz. It pulled 9days 3Hrs of testing before I had to reboot for a driver update.

The only bad thing I could see about auto NB/CPU is it MAY be setting the voltage higher then needed and if you OC with the FSB the voltage MAY be to low. The CPU is unlocked and the mobo/cpu lists 2400 for ram so there is no need to use the FSB that I can see. JMO though.

BTW, Before my block cracked turbo was ON and I was testing 5.1Ghz (5.2 would not boot) and it did a "3DMark Vantage v101" in Win7-64 with out a crash. It crashed in Prime95 in about 30sec right after that though.
        Last edited by KC8DKT; 08-06-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Okey thnx for the replies guys. I dont want to oc the cpu, just want the ram to run at 1866mhz thats fine for me. Well thnx now i know its gonna work fine. Only need to find a good watercooler and a nice case

thnx,

Comment

A water cooler is WAY OVER KILL if your not going to OC.

2 Memtests @ 3gig each
            Prime95 on 2 cores
            MassE3 online all at the same time it still does not hit 55c with the stock cooler.

Comment

Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X