F3-2400C10-8GTX Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10-8GTX Voltage

There temp is cool (about 24c under MemTest/Prime) but I see spikes of 1.733v in my system log for the voltage when testing. Is 1.733 safe as long as the temps stay low?

When immediately pressed for a need voltages can spike up yes, not exactly sure of what you have set wise, you actually show the identifier for an 8 GB sticks, is this a single, is a 'D' missing from the model number you show and you have a 2x4GB set or what, also what is set as DRAM Voltage? 1.65?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

D is missing sry

Ya, Did a copy from CPU-z and the D is missing. My bad. Its the 2x 8Gig chips for a total of 16gig.

It runs at 1.65v/Auto with 4 MemTests @ 3Gig each on day 1. By day 4 or 5 MemTest will kick an error. Just an error the system does not BSOD or crash/lock.

I started bumping the voltage up and testing each day. Its on day 9 right now and I can run MemTest and Prime BUT its at 1.7v in the bios and spikeing 1.733v in the system log.

The highest Temp in the log is 24c over the past 9 days set at 1.7v with 1.733v spikes.

Comment

I'd say the sticks are good, you run that long enough, you're bound to get an occasional error just from a very slight voltage spike allowed by the mobo or direct from the CPU....if it's me, I'd say they are good and see what happens under normal multi-tasking w/ the apps you use. 1.7 is safe with the sticks, even a little higher, but I tend to keep voltages to the minimum required, but that's just me.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The sticks are GREAT !! The temps are LOW for the speed/settings/voltage, just had no clue what a SAFE 24/7 voltage was.

I would try to bring the voltage down but I just got a NASTY bug worked out that was adding about 40sec. to my boot time. MemTest/Prime got no errors at all even after days of testing but a reboot would take >1min. (SATA3 Raid5 7TB was SAF)

I tracked it down to a tRAS setting (atleast thats what fixed it) being too HIGH (auto was 33 or 34 I think). Its at 23 now and boot times are less then 15sec (P-On to Desktop) But I was now getting errors after about 2 or 3 days in MemTest. bumping the voltage fixed that.

On day 9 at 1.7v so I think its ok now. I bumped the timings UP to try to get the voltage DOWN but it just did not help LONG TERM.

Thanks for the help, nice to know the voltage/temp is "OK" for now atleast.

Comment

Yeah some of the timings can throw things off quite a bit, enjoy your rig and have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X