• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M, i5 3570k, Ripjaws 8GB Problem

Hello, recently I just built a new computer with the specs:

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M
    Processor: i5 3570k
    Memort: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600mhz. Model: F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

After a few days of usage I started to get Memory_Management blue screens, so I ran memtest and got thousands of errors, I then returned it and got the same memory and after another couple of days, google chrome started to crash, pages wouldnt load and shortly after I would get a blue screen with Memory_Management. I ran memtest and one of the sticks had lots of errors. I then updated the BIOS to v1.30, but still had errors. So I ran XMP profile 1.2 and even with that I had errors. The Memory that I have does not seem to be on the QVL list for my motherboard, should I return it and get memory that is on the QVL list? Or should I change the settings for RAM in the BIOS?

Could try raising the DRAM voltage + .05 and/or manually set the base timings, but if one stick shows errors in slot 1 and the other is fine in the same slot with the same settings, then sounds like you may have a bad stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have increased the voltage from 1.5 gradually to 1.6 and the base timings you mean 9-9-9-24? I have tried the sticks in the same slot before and I have received errors.

Comment

On both sticks? or just one? If it's one, I'd say a bad stick, if on both, may have a dirty slot, might just be a bad slot, might have a bent pin or pins in the CPU socket or possibly thermal compound.....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just tried both sticks in one slot and one of them gave me heaps of errors, and I could not load windows, windows repair had to be run and I had to restore. I will hopefully return the memory tommorrow and I am thinking of getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231461, as its on the QVL list and it will suite my case

Comment

Sounds like a plan....and I think you'll love the Snipers, they're my personal favorites, they just came out w/ 32 GB sets in both 1600 and 1866, but I don't have anything to put them in, am hoping they put out a set in 2400 or better (but not holding my breath (they hadn't even planned to put them out in 32))

Tman

Comment

Wow, thats awesome also thanks for helping me out

Comment

Not a problem, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Update: Just got the RAM back from RMA today, I just ran memtest86+ and got 2 passes out of two tests and then I exited, so all is good.

I still got the Ripjaws X, and I was just wondering what is the difference between Ripjaws x and g skill sniper? I know that the Ripjaws are used for sandy bridge but are there any other differences/advantages of the two?

Thanks .
                  Last edited by aosma8; 09-04-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Believe they use different chips and the advanced timings in the Ripjaws X are geared a little more towards the 1155 (P67/H67 & Z68 chipsets) as well as 2nd Gen Intel CPUs such as the 25/26/2700K Series(S), the Snipers are designed towards more General Purpose use

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X