No announcement yet.

F3-1866C10D-16GAB XMP2 with Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 wont post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I took the plunge and updated to UEFI BIOS U1h. So far, so good. Simply setting XMP Profile 2 without changing any other timings or voltages allows the system to boot just fine, and Windows hasn't had problems yet.

I also want to mention that with BIOS U1h on this motherboard, I am able to manually set tRFC values higher than 255.

I'll have to report back later concerning stability, but I'm optimistic.

Comment

Glad to hear it! We'll be waiting for updates

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just finished 8 hours of memtest+ 4.2 and the system was stable throughout. 4.5 passes completed. Thanks for the help Tradesman.

Comment

No problem, glad all is well

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I updated my BIOS to beta version U1j yesterday. Interestingly, now both XMP Profile 1 and Profile 2 result in a memory speed of 1866MHz, whereas with BIOS U1h, Profile 1 resulted in a speed of 1600MHz.

1) What is the speed that each profile should report? (Either BIOS U1j is incorrectly reading Profile 1 or it is able to support speed/timings that previous BIOS versions could not)
            2) Which XMP profile is more stability oriented and which is more performance oriented?

Comment

Should have 1 profile 1866 for XMP-1 and the other should be for XMP-2 (which is for 3rd gen CPUs like 3570-3770K etc), either should work, the first may be optimized a bit better for the 2500K

Tman

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Keep in touch!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X