Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't want to be friends :( F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 x2

Hey Guys,

Been having a read and I bought this ram kit in November last year. In April this year I got a 2nd kit and ever since my system has been unstable. If I knew mixing 2 different kits can be troublesome I honestly wouldn't have bothered with the 2nd 8GB kit.

My motherboard is a A Asrock Z77-EXTREME4 Gen3
    EDIT: My CPU is an Intel i7 2600k @3.4Ghz - prev clocked to 4.0Ghz no issues with no voltage increase.

At the moment my bios settings are 9-9-9-24 with voltage set to 1.260

I've been lurking and seen multiple threads where you have advised to increase voltage so I tried increasing to the next setting on my mobo bios which was 1.275 and I got instant BSOD on boot so I changed it back.

I am yet to memtest as I don't have a CD drive in my machine at the moment I had to lend it to a friend so he could format his computer after he replaced some hardware and he didn't have the cash to buy a working CD drive. I cannot get the USB boot memtest to work either, even if I set USB as first boot priority it loads windows. If I unplug my SSD it just loads to bios screen.

EDIT #2:
    Doing some research I just looked up that stats for both my CPU & RAM:
    http://ark.intel.com/products/52214/...to-3_80-GHz%29
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=390

My CPU looks like it only supports RAM at 1333 & It is currently clocked at 1600 in my bios could this be causing issues?

Thanks heaps in advance.
    Last edited by AndrewDaniels; 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM.

Would suggest the 1.4 or 1.6 BIOS, 2.0 is no good (I have this mobo). Now the 2600K is 'rated' to 1333 at stock., which as Intel is prone to do is drastically understated..so what we have here is 16GB of Snipers (low voltage), with 2 sets, XMP isn't going to work so need to set manually. Try base timings at 1600, 9-9-9-24, 2T, 1.4 DRAM voltage (can be adjusted later), VTTCPU 1.12 or so...then go to the DRAM Advanced timings and try

tWR 16
    tRRD 7
    tRFC 160
    tWTR 8
    tRTP 8
    tFAW 24

Try it w/ a sligh OC, say 3.8

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tman,

Cheers for the reply.

I'll give these settings a whirl tonight when I get home from TAFE.

Let you know how it goes

Comment

Be looking to see how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I was running fine until just then when I had a sudden restart.

I'm going to adjust all settings now as I was waiting to see if I got another crash.

EDIT - All settings set. I had to set DRAM volt to 1.395 & VTTCPU to 1.16 as these are closest values mobo would allow.
          Last edited by AndrewDaniels; 08-03-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Keep us informed

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman.

So far everything looks perfect, no crashes at all, no random restarts.

If anything does crop up I'll let you know but for now you look like you have fixed my issue.

I also have an external soundcard that I use for DJ'ing and it used to have latency issues alot too and with the new settings all the clicking and popping has gone.

Your a legend mate, hope GSKILL is paying you well.

- Andrew.

Comment

Since I don't work for Gsill, no paycheck (sigh.......), I work the forums to help out and to help me keep up with all the hardware, have my own systems biz (consulting, building, repairs, upgrades, networks, etc)

Tman

Comment

I actually thought you where on GSkill payrole.

Why are they not paying you? I've seen you providing after sales service to SOOO many people.

I've just started up my own computer repair business in Australia where I live whilst I study at IT. Learning so much!

Comment

I Love their sticks, most all are very OC'able and again, most are extremely versatile. I got out here, from their early SSDs and found their support lacking, but they have drastically improved to what I consider among the best in the industry (and I've been in systems for over 30 years). GSkill Tech is great as are the higher ups at their HQ in Taipei, they really care about their customers, unlike many of the manufacturers in the systems arena. Would love a part time job, but they are out of China and for the US, they are in CA (me I'm in and love Tucson, AZ) so that's sort of out. If you ever have any questions give a holler, I'm in and out every day

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X