New G-Skill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G-Skill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

I have a MSI 770-C45 board with an ADM Phenom II x4 965 BE. I just purchased new memory and I have system booting and running stable but the memory does not seem to be running at the full 1333 speed.

The ram I purchased was two sets of F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH.

I set the timings to 7-7-7-21 and the DRAM frequency to 1333. But when running CPU-Z it shows something like 59.6Mhz.

Voltage at 1.5v
    DRAM at 2T

Already flashed to the newest BIOS the week before to make sure it was stable before the new memory.

Any ideas of other BIOS changes or settings?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by voodoosb; 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM.

Make sure you have the latest version of CPU-Z..timings, and CR are good, might raise either the DRAM or CPU/NB voltage + .05 and see what that does, in CPU-Z under the MEMORY TAB should show freq 666 or 667 (DDR = DOUBLE Data Rate so 666/667 x 2 = appr 1333) and the timings underneath should show at 7-7-7-21, if not CPU-Z may not like the BIOS (which occasionally happens, mostly with AMD rigs). If not showing correctly (as you input), might download/run MaxxMem and see what it shows - it should show the timings also.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I ran MAxxMEM and it shows 1335 MHz with the CPU-NB set at 1.177 (1.1117 default).

7-7-7-21-1T

Memory-Copy:9107 MByte/sec
      Memory-Read:7610 MByte/sec
      Memory-Write:6654 MByte/sec
      Memory-Latency: 74.1 ns

So I guess CPU-Z just does not want to read this memory as it read the previous OCZ memory just fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Yep, at times and with various combos, CPU-Z doesn't read things right, glad it looks on target

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X