• F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL & P9X79-Deluxe Compatibility

F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL ? 8GBx4
    Sabertooth X79 - Bios Ver 2002
    P9X79-Deluxe ? Bios Ver. 2002
    Intel Core I7 3020
    Windows 7/64 Service Pack 1
    Sapphire 7850

Greetings from Florida gentleman.
    I cannot post. Can anyone please tell me if these boards are incompatible with my memory, since they do not appear under the qualify vendors list. When I do test every single dimm with MemOk switch the system reboots to blue screen and the dram led light remains blinking.
    Memory slots are clean and the dimm properly install.
    Thank you for any help in this matter.

Think last time I looked, they had only tested a single set of 8GB sticks w/ this mobo and it was prob at 1333, Asus test memory at the SPD/mobo default, whichever is lower, so they haven't done a lot with 8GB sticks on this mobo (nor with high freq sticks, believe it's still rated only up to 1866, where most X79 mobos are rated to 2133 and up). See info thread:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Have you tried using XMP? Reset the CMOS, boot up, go into BIOS enable XMP and select the 1600 profile? Also for the full 32GB will prob need to raise the MC voltage and quite probably the VCCSA voltage to 1.2 or so.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I cannot post to save my life

F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL ? 8GBx4
      HyperX Genesis YYKM-KHX16C9P1K2/16
      P9X79-Deluxe ? Bios Ver. 2002
      Intel Core I7 3820
      Sapphire 7850

Hi Tradesman,
      Thank you for replying and please forgive the delay in answering you.
      I?m trying to do an upgrade in my kids computer without any luck. I do have 2 X79 boards and 2 3820 CPUs and I cannot post on bolt boards. I have no access to CMOS and the CPU led light is constantly on.
      First, I thought the problem was with the 3820 CPU so I ordered another one but the red CUP led light remains on. It?s impossible to get two bad CPUs. Second, I thought well it must be the motherboard, so I order a new board, and yet the CPU red led light still on. I also did replace the power supply and the memory to no avail.
      So that is my dilemma, I cannot post on bolt boards, I did everything possible; upgraded the bios, reset cmos and by now I have no clue what it could be.
      Any suggestion would be appreciated.
      Thanks Tradesman

Comment

Ok, 2 mobos, 2 CPUs, two sets of mem and nothing works, somethings definitely not right, let's start looking at the mobo, is it installed in the case? If so make sure all mounting holes that can be used are used and have a standoff and screw used, no screwing directly to the case, need a standoff in each, otherwise mobo can short and cause the problem you describe. Or use the loose mobo on a non-conductive surface (such as the bag the mobo was packed in) on a table. With either, make sure the CPU is placed correctly and the notches lined up, and there is no debris or bent/broken pins in the socket. No drives or other devices attached. Next, you should have two power cables going from PSU (Power Supply Unit) to the mobo, a large 24 PIN connector and an 8 PIN (and make sure this is the CPU Power connector cable and not a PCI-E connector for a video card - check the connector, I've seen where many have forced a PCI-E connector to the CPU power socket. Add the GPU (graphics/video card) and if power cables are required from the PSU attach it/them. Cable it to a monitor and power on the monitor. Pull the CMOS battery (looks like a silver coin) out of the mobo, wait about 15 seconds and reinstall. Install 1 stick of DRAM in slot 1. Plug in PSU power cable and power up. If nothing at this point, may have a bad PSU or GPU. If all looks okay, shut down and plug in keyboard and mouse. If still Okay, power down and add another stick of DRAM....Still okay add a single drive and drive and try powering up. Continue with other devices. When all installed and no problems, add another stick of DRAM, then the third, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL – 8GBx4
          P9X79-Deluxe – Bios Ver. 2002
          Intel Core I7 3820
          Sapphire 7850

Tradesman, thank for all the support, you’re the greatest!
          Your troubleshooting suggestions was enough to make me realize, and I'm embarrassed to admit, that you must plug bolt power cables to the board. Yes, I forgot to power the north bridge. In the heat of the moment it happens to the best of us.

The above G-Skill F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL – 8GBx4 is indeed compatible with bolt boards. However, in the Sabertooh X79 bios it shows up as only 16GB and dimm sockets; D1 and C1 as unaffected . That means what… the sockets are burn down?

Thanks for the clue
          Mark Madison

Comment

On the Sabertooth only showing 16GB, is that in the BIOS or an OS, if Win is only showing 16GB might be a version that only works with up to 16GB

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X