Help: F3-10666CL9Q-32GBX + ASUS F1A75-M + AMD A8-3870K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: F3-10666CL9Q-32GBX + ASUS F1A75-M + AMD A8-3870K

Assistance requested. I am experiencing freezing after installation of Radeon HD 6550D video driver.

This is a brand new machine build on July 25 with the following set up:

CPU: AMD A8-3870K
    Motherboard: ASUS F1A75-M
    Memory: F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL.

After a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate I started updating the machine drivers. The machine was working with a generic VGA driver at 800x600. Once the HD 6550D driver was installed, I rebooted the machine as requested. At this time, after POST Windows 7 started to boot up and it froze before reaching the Windows 7 welcome screen.

I tried installing different video drivers from ASUS and AMD (even tried the newest beta version 12.7) with same result, Windows 7 froze.

I updated the motherboard BIOS from version 1901 to version 1903 with no improvement.

I did a lot of research and could not find a user with the same issue. I have not been able to find a thread for this motherboard and/or memory model.

After reading some posts and suggestions from Tradesman on http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.ph...ighlight=F1a75

I tried to boot the machine with one stick at a time. I found that the machine only freezes when stick # 3 is installed.
    I tried this stick on each of the 4 memory slots with the same result; machine froze after post, just before the windows 7 welcome screen.

At this time the machine is running fine with the others 3 sticks, 24 GB installed.
    Please advice how to proceed with stick #3, the trouble one. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Note: I am not overclocking, neither cpu or memory.

May want to take the set to your e/re-tailer and exchange is within the time period allowed for exchanges, else can RMA. While I believe GSkill will RMA a single stick with a 32 GB set, I'd suggest the entire set, that way you get a set back that's tested to work together, the 8GB sticks can be touchy about playing well with others.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your quick response.

I cannot afford going through newegg return for replacement process without a machine; I think I will take my chances with GSKIL and RMA only the faulty stick.

The set that I bought was also hand-tested and I ended up with a bad stick.

I appreciate all your help.

Kind Regards

Comment

While they are all hand tested, have to consider they then get packaged, boxed, shipped to a shipping center, then moved to plane or boat for shipment to end location, which could involve a plane change then unloaded, maybe warehoused, loaded to truck, then final location when unboxed and pulled to put on display, sell etc, or for e-tailers, pulled, reboxed and shipped by plane, truck etc....so they can get knocked around a bit, I've gotten a few sets where the plastic was crushed, lucky though sticks were fine

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I understand all the variables in the process that you described, should I consider myself lucky that I only get one bad memory out of 4?.
          No,I shouldn't. As a customer I have the expectation of getting what is advertised, in this case I got a bad set. It is not the end of the world, I am only disappointed, that's all.

Comment

I agree, but it does happen, I generally get a few sets a month and have been extremely lucky, have basically had no bad sticks over the years, though gone through planty of bad mobos, GPUs, PSUs, etc, which is one of the reasons I stick with GSkill for builds unless a customer specifies a different brand, I always feel 'safe' that I'll get a good set.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X