This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dboon

The basic settings should be fine, may have to play with tRFC a little for stability.....and reloading Win7 can't hurt....if nothing else it will clean out junk in the registry from the old BIOS and probably other junk that has accumulated since your original install.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ga-ep45-ud3r

My GA-EP45-UD3R Rev. 1.1 Bios F12 does aotomaticlly detect speed and sttings using optimal system settings for the MIT.. But now How do I get the Q9550 to run at 3.23 ghz with this memory? It runs flawless at optimal settings, but when I change the dram ratio to 2.66d, which would be 1066 memory speed at 3.40 ghz cpu speed 400x8.5 multiplier it fails prime 95 blend in a few minutes, and also fails Intel Burn test. I tried manually setiing to 5-5-5-15 timings command rate 2, dram volts to 2.10 and dram ratio to 2.66d. Seemed like it should of been the perfect fit, memory was not overclocked it was rifght on 1006 speed. Then I tried setting to 380x8.5 multipler= 3,23 ghz, memory was set at 1018 speed which is under its listed speed and it still failed both intel burn and prime 95 blend?? Just got this memory yesterday from newegg, after reading and researcghing memory for about a month. I don`t want a huge overclock on my cpu, But I do want at least 3.23 ghz. I had the xmp disabled, performance enhance to standard. So then I thought I would let the motherboard decide and left the timings set to auto, dram still 2.66d, mem speed 1018 I think. Then cpuz had the timings listed as 5-7-7-19-2T..It seemed to be doing ok, Cause it didn`t get an error right away, But then still got errors on prime 95 and intel burn test, just took a little longer. Before putting this memory in, I was running it at 3.23ghz with ddr2 800 4-4-4-12 timings with corsair pc-6400c4 and it was prime 95 and intel burn test stable. These were only 2-1 gb sticks, So after reading about this F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK memory, I thought it would be better to buy 2-2 gb sticks of this then get 2 more one gigabyte sticks and use up all my mem slots. Does anyone know how to set this to get at least a 3.23 ghz - 3.40 ghz? By the way I set my cpu vcore to 1.275 v , thats where it also ran stable before...no LLC

Comment

Soulone,

Try testing one module at a time, or memtesting them to see if one may be defective. Also, you may need to adjust MCH Core as 1.40V may be too high for DDR2-1066.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Got it stable with the ram multiplyer set to 2.40b, ram is underclocked now. But its running stable at 3.40 ghz cpu. Memory 5-5-5-15-2T 2.1v 480mhz=960
          MCH core still set to auto, Tried MCH core to 1.20 with ram multiplier 2.66d still no luck that way, But It is running stable with 20x2 intel burn test, prime 95 blend for 2+ hours and mem test for over an hour. With the 2.40b ram multiplier....As mentioned above

Comment

You can try lowering timings slightly to see if that will gain performance.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

What timings do you suggest trying? DRAM settings manual
              CPU-Z: DRAM 480.1
              FSB DRAM 5:6
              CL 5.0 clocks
              tRCD 5 clocks
              tRP 5 clocks
              tRAS 15 clocks
              tRFC 62 clocks
              CR 2T

Dram volts 2.10 XMP disabled Ram multiplier 2.40b
              CPU Vcore 1.275 Performance enhance standard
              CPU 400x 8.5 = 3.40ghz
              Frequency latch auto
              Everything else is left alone, Wonder why it won`t run properly with a 2.66d ram multiplier? Is it because the d is for 400mhz and the b is for 333 mhz?

Comment

Yes, depending on what your MCH Latch is, determines the letter you use.

For timings, simply work your way down to see what the memory is capable of.

4-5-5-15
                4-5-4-14
                4-4-4-12

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

So, If I set my mch frequency latch to 400mhz...Intead of having it on Auto, Then I would be able to use the 2.66d ram multiplier?

Comment

DOH...!!! I finally found my bios settings I had before when I had my e8400 running at 3.6 ghz. My mch frequency latch was 400mhz and multiplier 2.00d for ddr2 800..lol
                    I just set the mch frequency latch to 400 mhz and the multiplier to 2.66d and Wala 20 intel burn tests with no errors, memory at 5-5-5-15-2T and running at 1066...Q9550@3.40ghz. Will do more tests, But I think we got it mate!! Thanks for great customer support!! Linpack and g/flops time greatly improved!!!

Comment

Just ran memtest, and at 2hours into testing got 24 errors.. grrr..lol
                      So, I reset the MIT to optimal system settings and the only thing I changed was DRAM Voltage to 2.10v. Cpu-z picking it up at 5-5-5-15-68clocks-2T 533mhz=1066...all good there, Is there any other settings I need to change? It is all set to optimal default settings other than The DRAM 2.10v..Will let memtest run again..

Comment

No luck anyway I try it, And I`ve read the other posts and tried all that also. Think I just got a bad stick, Now I gotta go thru an rma with newegg...That stinks..

Comment

The pics that talk about bios settings in the beginning of this thread, seem somewhat off. Cause if I leave everything that way and have the memory multipler at 2.40B. Then this setup is the memory only running at 800mhz? So am I suppose to follow the pics and only have 800mhz ram, when I paid for 1066? Or am I suppose to set it up the way it says below the pics? And I have the F12 BIOS GA-EP45-UD3R rev1.1, should it run in slots1,3 or slots 2,4???? " Pre-February 5, 2010

This guide is for the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/R with the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK.

Note: Although the motherboard users manual, and generally you should always install memory in slots 1 and 3, this motherboard has a issue where the initial slots are actually 2 and 4. So if you have an issue with slots 1 and 3, try 2 and 4. (This is now solved with the latest BIOS above)

In BIOS, set Performance Enhance to [Standard].

System Memory Multiplier needs to be configured for 1066. If your CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) is 333, set System Memory Multiplier to 3.20B for DDR2-1066. If your CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) is 266, set System Memory Multiplier to 4.00A for DDR2-1066. The default CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) is dependent on your CPU.

[For people with CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) at 266]
                          You can also increase it to 333 from 266, as this proves to be much more stable for some motherboards, but also make sure to adjust CPU Clock Ratio accordingly. If not, you will be overclocking the processor without any CPU VCore (voltage) increase and that may cause instability. (If you want to keep the CPU overclock, simply increase CPU VCore to 1.30V and that should stabilize the processor)

Next, change DRAM Timing Selectable to [Manual] and set memory timings to tCL5 - tRCD 5 - tRP 5 - tRAS 15. Then enter Advanced Timing Control, change Command Rate CMD to [2].

Then look for voltages and change DRAM Voltage to 2.1V. If you are running 8GB, change MCH Core to 1.4V.

If you are running 8GB (4 sticks), you may need to raise tRFC in Advanced Timing Control to 80.

Save and exit and everything should be running smoothly".

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 04-09-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Comment

Also, If the board is picking it up automatically now, Why would you even have to put a mem system multipler in there at all?

Comment

And what about the mch core? Can it be left on auto? AS shown in the pics? Or does it have to be 1.2v for 2 sticks with the F12 BIOS?

Comment

The pics are only there for visual purposes, they do not show the actual/real settings for this memory package.

You should always manually configure settings since AUTO can change whenever it wants to.

MCH Core can be AUTO. It only needs to be adjusted for 4 memory sticks.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X