asus m3a78pro and gskill f2-8500cl5d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus m3a78pro and gskill f2-8500cl5d

I have a Asus m3a78pro and 8 gigs of f2- 8500cl5d...and I was wondering if there were any stable profiles around this forum for overclocking??? Now I have read a little on how its hard to run 8 gigs at 1066 and also have read that running them at 800 with 4 4 4 4 12 timings is supposed to be faster than 1066...my question is which is the best configuration ??? Wat is the fastest and most optimized over locking profile??? I've tryed to over clock myself with no luck...a good optimized stable profile is what I am looking for....are there any profiles around in this forum??? It would be really nice to get some help...I hope all is well fellas

Is this a single set of DRAM or 2 4GB sets or what....regardless. may want to initially try the 1066 at stock timings and raise the DRAM and the CPU/NB voltages about + .05, then if no joy, try raising the CPU/NB another + .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

2 sets of 4gigs....8 gigs total

Comment

Try the above and if any problems post up your BIOS settings, I'll be out later this AM, but back in the PM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

didnt work...and do i have to mess with the ecc configuration at all???

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

The FSB needs to be equal or higher than the DRAM freq and FSB is at 200, to figure it's FSB x 4, so right now yours is set for 800 sticks, need the FSB up to 266 (which will OC your CPU (if it get's to hot or you don't want to OC that high (might as well) can lower the CPU multiplier, else can run the sticks at 800 with 4-4-4-12 timings which is near 1066 performance wise, but slightly lower in bandwidth - (the dram runs faster per clock cycle, but with lower (800 freq) bandwidth, than 1066 provides

Tman

Comment

Still a no go with trying to run them at 1066 with that configuration....I tryed the 800 with those 44412 timings and that obviously boots up with no problem...would really like to get these sticks running at 1066 though :-) any other suggestions u could give me???
              Last edited by raph38; 07-15-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Well FSB needs to be at least 266, could then try adding +.07 to DRAM voltage, +.05 to vCore (CPU voltage) and + .08 or so to NB voltage and see how that does, it will mainly be a matter of playing with voltages

Tman

Comment

This memory is only supported for 2.0 to 2.10 volts Max....has anyone ever gone over 2.10 volts??? Is it safe??? Do u recommend it???

Comment

These are safe through 2.25 or so

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X