Recommended BIOS settings for 8GB F2-9600CL6D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended BIOS settings for 8GB F2-9600CL6D

Hello. I have 8GB of F2-9600CL6D installed (4x2GB) on an ASUS p5k-premium Black Pearl motherboard.
    My cpu is a q6600 GO @ 3600Mhz @ 450fsb.
    With the memory divider i am running this memory @ 1200.
    BIOS recognizes the SPD as 5-5-5 15-50-6-3-3.
    Could you please provide me the recommended settings to run this memory either @ 5-5-5-15 or even at 6-6-6-18 @ 1200mhz?
    Thank you very much.

2 sets of 2x2? If so might be problematic, I'd start out making sure you have the latest BIOS, then set the base timings to spec, but set DRAM voltage at + .1 over spec and add + .1 to the NB voltage...See how that goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have been using this setup for the last two years no problem.
      The settings i had been using were as follows:
      q6600 go @ 3.6ghz @ 450FSB@ 1.425V (actual under load)
      NB Voltage 1.4V
      DDR2 Voltage 2.1V
      Timings: 5-5-5-15-50-6-3-3 @ 1200
      Transaction Booster Disabled, Relaxed Timings Value of 2
      Enable Static Read

The system has been working wonderfully all this time however the last few days i started noticing some instabilities. I run OCCT for one hour and after about 20minutes i am getting an error. The computer does not BSOD, only on this OCCT program i get an error message.
      I went to the BIOS and increased the value of 50 to 85 and the value of 6 to 8.
      This has got me up to 35 minutes OCCT without error.
      I have tested the PC using IntelBurnTest and it passes 5 runs no problem on very high settings (ie it uses 6GB out of 8gb of my installed RAM). This test lasts approximately 13 minutes.
      I have also run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool which again found no problems.
      I can only assume that this problem is heat related because here in Greece we have a lot of heat (38c) outside. Inside i have AC but inside house it is not 22c as it used to be but more like 25c or so even with the AC.
      System (chipset) temp rises up to 45c when under load so i think i am ok with that.
      I will try to up the Northbridge voltage a bit (maybe from 1.4v to 1.55v) and see how it goes.
      If anybody has any suggestions with regards to the timing settings for these modules for a 4x2gb configuration on a p5K Premium (p35 chipset), please post them here to try.

Comment

UPDATE:
        After hours of testing i settled on these settings (data taken from everest lavalys):
        Memory Timings:
        CAS Latency (CL) 5T
        RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 6T
        RAS Precharge (tRP) 6T
        RAS Active Time (tRAS) 17T
        Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 52T
        Command Rate (CR) 2T
        RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 3T
        Write Recovery Time (tWR) 14T
        Read To Read Delay (tRTR) Same Rank: 4T, Different Rank: 6T
        Read To Write Delay (tRTW) 8T
        Write To Read Delay (tWTR) Same Rank: 11T, Different Rank: 5T
        Write To Write Delay (tWTW) Same Rank: 4T, Different Rank: 6T
        Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP) 5T
        Write To Precharge Delay (tWTP) 14T
        Precharge To Precharge Delay (tPTP) 1T
        Refresh Period (tREF) 3120T
        DRAM Read ODT 3T
        DRAM Write ODT 6T
        MCH Read ODT 8T
        Performance Level 6
        Read Delay Phase Adjust Neutral
        DIMM1 Clock Fine Delay 3T
        DIMM2 Clock Fine Delay 5T
        DIMM3 Clock Fine Delay 3T
        DIMM4 Clock Fine Dela 5T

BIOS settings for memory are: 5-6-6-17 and every other memory timing option on AUTO, transaction booster enabled (boost level 0), enabled static read.
        RAM Voltage is now 2.0V
        Northbridge Voltage is 1.40V (increasing it to 1.55V did not help at all)

CPU is @ 3.6GHz @ 450FSB @ 1.425V and memory @1200FSB with the above mentioned timings.

It seems that this is what my current setup can do and as such, 5-5-5-15 memory timings with my setup (4x2GB) are unattainable....

Comment

Might try lowering the vCore to cut the heat I've run numerous 6600s at 3.6 and up over 4 GHz and never needed that high a vCore, believe max is suppose to be 1.365 or 1.3625 or something, and I've never needed or about 1.378

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your response.
            Intel has revised VID range for q6600. VID for q6600 is between 0.85V-1.5V according to intel spec finder:
            http://ark.intel.com/products/29765/...066-MHz-FSB%29
            Typical voltage for q6600 @ 3.6ghz is around 1.4V. please see here:
            http://www.overclock.net/t/1172355/q...v-core-to-much
            http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...-6ghz-voltages
            My chip specific VIDfor my G0 q6600 (according to CPUZ) is 1.265V.

Idle voltage @ 3.6ghz is 1.408V and load voltage is @ 1.425V. Maybe the fact that i am running this chip @ 450FSB is relevant, ie maybe that is why it needs this voltage.
            I will try again to lower it but i do not think that the chip will be stable if i do so.
            In any case this cpu is cooled with a corsair h70 with the stock fans which will be replaced today with two typhoon gentle AP15 fans. Hopefully this should help as well.
            Under normal loaad conditions (gaming max payne 3 etc) the cpu temp never exceeds 60c.
            Under prime 95 max temp is 67c.
            If is use Intel Burn Test however the temp can go as high as 82c !!! However this is not a normal load and i never reach this temp under normal usage.
            What puzzles me is the fact that my memory cannot run 5-5-5-15 anymore @ 2.1V @ 1200 but instead it runs @ 5-6-6-17. Nevermind.
            If i have any news i will update this thread.
            Last edited by Mickey; 06-27-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

We'll be looking for it

Tman

Comment

I decided to revisit the memory timings thing once more because i was bored
                So, reviving this old thread, I have managed to run my 8GB memory at 5-5-5-15 but i would need to push 2.05V instead of the 2.0V i was using previously. The case has a good airflow with a large 260 side panel fan blowing air towards the memory and the mainboard. Shall i use it at 2.05V with 5-5-5-15 or at 5-6-6-17 at 2.0V? Is it safe at 2.05V?
                Thank you.

Comment

yes, 2.05 is safe, I'd limit it at 2.1-2.13

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X