Memory not reporting correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory not reporting correctly

I've just recently installed 8MB of G.Skill DDR2-1066 (2048 x 4), P/N F2-8500CL5D into an ASUS Crosshair II Formula AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard.

The problem is that the both the BIOS and Windows only shows 6 of the 8MB installed. Any ideas whats causing this?

Note (1): The Motherboard bios has been updated and the DDR type selected in the bios "DDR1066" with all other setting on automatic.

Note (2): I'm aware of the limitations of many older Operating Systems to address memory above 3-4MB, i plan on installing a 64 bit OS once its confirmed that the memory is working.

Note (3): CPU is AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor.
    Last edited by Resin_Smoker; 06-21-2012, 07:05 AM. Reason: Added more info

All 8 should show up in the BIOS, normally causes are the sticks aren't fully inserted, so may want to try reseating them, also for 4 sticks may have to increase the DRAM and/or MC voltage about + .05 or so, would try those first, another thing could be thermal compound on bottom of CPU or in socket....and possibly bent/broken pins down there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X